Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Connexions

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Whats that all about then?

i have a connexions office near my college, if i go there could they help me sort out what to study at university etc?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    yeah, course they'll help :) it's what they've been trained to do. they give out advice to 13-19 year olds regarding education and careers mostly (not sure if they do more personal issues). they will also probably have a lot of resources regarding uni courses, career paths, etc. you might as well make an appointment to chat to someone.
  • Options
    Go and see what they say. It depends what you want out of them. My other half went to see them when he had to leave college for a year, and wanted to get some work experience before he went back, and wanted specific advice on how to get into it, and they just gave him a list of recruitment agencies, but they might be different when dealing with stuff about education, im not sure.
  • Options
    They weren't too helpful when I asked for careers advice. Basically I was told to keep doing what I already was and something would come along. They did offer to check my CV though.
  • Options
    They're more based on a 'life' thing now rather than a career advice centre.

they do give advice on careers, but also on money, on education, on accomodation, teenage pregnancy, general health worries, mental worries, family problems; thery help on all aspects of life for 13-19 year olds.

theres a website where you can do an instant chat with one of their advisors, i cant remember the address as im not at home right now so i cant get hold of it either, but if you type in 'connexions direct+webchat' into yahoo.co.uk (make sure its on 'uk only') im sure it'll come up.

or even search for it on these boards as i'vew posted the address here before. type in 'connexions instant chat' to the 'search' box in the top right hand corner and you might find it. :)
  • Options
    I'd definitely try to make an appointment before going if I were you, I turned up on the spur of the moment to try to sort out some voluntary work and was told I'd have to wait a couple of hours to talk to anyone.
    I guess their popularity and business must mean they;re worth visiting!
  • Options
    foudn the web address :)

www.connexions-direct.com

you can get to the web chat from there :)
  • Options
    thank you cherubs

badabing youre a star
  • Options
    or you could try having a look here for advice:

ahem blatant plug for site which I helped build....