Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

how long on revision

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I got a tone of A2 exams in jan and started a couple of weeks ago. Was wonderin how long should I spend on revsion on weekends and weekdays.

I just wanna make sure im doin the right amount. i.e. not too much and not too little.

cheers.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Umm let me get this right. You started the A Level course (not exams) a few weeks ago, and the modules are in January?

Then the best thing you can do is just keep up to date with the material you're covering now at school! Make good notes and don't miss things out - that way, learning as you go along, you don't have to do as much revision. Then go over it all in the Christmas holidays.
  • Options
    Im very wary when it comes to revising,

with my GCSEs i begun revising for certain subjects months in advance, for those subjects i got a D and two Es and i wasnt exactly crap at the subjects. Other subjects i read over my notes the night before for an hour or so and i got an A and Bs (with a few Cs) so it depends on your method fo revision adn what works for you.

When it came to A levels i have a friend who read over his weeks work every sunday from teh start of the year and revised for months before and came out with straight As and is now stuydying pyshics at UCL.

I also have a friend who revised for a few weeks before and came out with As and Bs so revison is completly relative to you.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lil_minx
    Im very wary when it comes to revising,

with my GCSEs i begun revising for certain subjects months in advance, for those subjects i got a D and two Es

Probably because you were worried about the subjects, maybe you didn't understand them as well as others etc which is why you started revising in advance. Personally, no matter how much I revise for some subjects it wouldn't make much difference to how much I understand it!
    Other subjects i read over my notes the night before for an hour or so and i got an A and Bs (with a few Cs)

If you only read over your notes the night before then you were probably pretty confident you were going to do well! If you understand certain subjects more then you won't need to revise as much...