Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Off sick

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm off work today because I'm ill. Last Wednesday I had a flu vaccination, but since the end of the week i've been getting flu symptoms (is this normal?) and I feel unwell. I ache all over and i felt nauseous when I got up this morning so I decided to stay at home and have a lemsip.
pukeface.gif

Comments

• Options
    So to stop yourself from getting the flu, you have to get the flu.:rolleyes: I think from now on I'll just take my chances.
  • Options
    All I can really suggest is stay in bed, get plenty of rest, and drink plenty of fluids.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Captain Slog
    So to stop yourself from getting the flu, you have to get the flu.:rolleyes: I think from now on I'll just take my chances.

not a good idea especially if you have a medical condition that they suggest you need to get the flu jag with. i get it cos im diabetic, a mild dose of the flu is better than ending up in the hospital is it not? i felt a little groggy after getting it but ide rather that than be in the hospital!
  • Options
    Take the jab. I had mine today.

I learnt the hard way-last year i thought "oh, ill be fine without" and got the flu. Was laid up with it for 3 weeks-I couldnt even walk to the bathroom, I had to crawl, thats how little enrgy i had. And i only have mild asthma.