Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Thc

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How long does it take for THC to be untracable in the bloodstream with say a person who smokes cannabis every other day or so, if they stopped smoking tommorow would it take months to become clean again?

Comments

• Options
    I heard it was up to 6 months because THC is insoluable so it sticks around. Also if you be smoking solid all the other weird chemicals that misteriously (sp) find there way in stay in your body for about a month.

I got to do a piss test for me GP soon! Hopefully they will just check for normal stuff.

bopz
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Here you go Shogun, Erowid has a page on it......
  • Options
    Theres no definate answer, depends on the smoker's metabolism, diet and health conditions.. There are so many factors to consider.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    It depends on the test, as well. I copied the following from the link I gave above.......

Blood Testing

Cannabis is detectable in the blood for approximately 2-3 days after use in an infrequent user. Frequent use can be detected in the blood for approximately 2 weeks.

Urine Testing

THC is one of the "NIDA 5". The five drugs tested for in the standard NIDA approved drug test. It is standardly detectable in Urine for 48-72 hours after single use. Habitual or chronic use can be detected in urine for up to 12 weeks depending on quantity, duration, and frequency of use.

Tetrahydrocannabinol is rapidly absorbed by inhalation and the gastrointestinal tract . It is almost completely metabolized. The predominant metabolite is 9-carboxy-11-nor-delta-9-THC, which found in the plasma, feces and urine along with other compounds. Very low concentrations of THC may be detected in urine during the initial several hours, but tetrahydrocannabinol persists in urine at a detectable concentration for many days after smoking.

Hair Testing

Cannabis use is detectable with hair tests and is generally included in the standard hair test. Hair tests generally take the most recent 1.5 inches of growth and use those for testing. That provides a detection period of approximately 90 days. If an individual's hair is shorter than 1.5 inches, this detection period will be shorter.
  • Options
    cheers for that everyone.