Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Uni acceptance...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Do you reckon theres still a good chance a university will accept you even if your grades are just under their entry requirements?

Just thought i'd ask, its started to worry me :(
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Yes, definitely. I didn't get the grades to do mechanical engineering but got offered a place to to do physics instead. I'd ruled out going to uni after being rejected but I was offered the place a few weeks later. Just ask and see. If they haven't filled up the places then they are more likely to consider those with lower grades.
  • Options
    You''ll me ok with maybe one grade below the asking. But it will depend on 2 things.

1) What uni it is, Oxford etc. Wont touch you unless you got what they want.

2)Your statement from your teachers, if it says you might get better grades than predicted it will help.

Bopz
  • Options
    Re: Uni acceptance...
    Originally posted by LadyT
    Do you reckon theres still a good chance a university will accept you even if your grades are just under their entry requirements?

Just thought i'd ask, its started to worry me :(

really starting to get to you huh?...

*huggles* trust me you will be fine sweetie!
  • Options
    it really depends on how popular the course is, and whether it's a highly academic, or more practical course.

more practical courses are much more likely to let you on with lesser grades, if you have the skills they're looking for.