Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

gcse essays

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
how long do you reckon they should be?
ive got to do a pack of 3 essays, do you think 3,000 words combined is long enough? or should they be longer, i know its quality not quantity but still, in your opinion?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Yes at GCSE level I would think a 1000 word essay is about right. Anything more than that will probably bore the teacher rigid!
  • Options
    cool, just 500 words to go then :D
  • Options
    yep 3000 words should be fine. but ask your teacher if your not sure. Good luck with the essays:)
  • Options
    Well I think you know whether you have written enough, whether that be 3000 words or 1000. You'll know if you've written enough if your proud of your essay and can't think of much more to write.

My teacher didn't mind reading my 9 page essay as it was quality. Though I'm sure they would'nt have been to pleased having to read a 9 page crap essay.

Just don't ramble ;)
  • Options
    well i finished its like 3,685 words and i guess its alright, i'll give it to my current teacher to look over as it was set by my last teacher, hopefully it'll be fine