Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Text or Talk?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When you meet someone and get their mobile number and want to contact them

1) How long do you wait on average?

2) Do you first call them or text them?

3) If you text them - how long before you switch to actually calling?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Txt first - easier, no arkwardness. Say what you feel

Ill ask if they want me to phone and then do if they want. If no txt is easy way to get to know wach otehr.

I txt as soon as poss if I really like them however myuch I try to hold out
    So far I've yet to get a girl's mobile number in a pub or club. But if I did, then I'd call them the next day.

Mr_Wobble ;)
    Doesn't happen to me that often, mainly because I'm in a relationship atm - but when it does/has.... call the next day or at the weekend. And yes, call, not text - it's so much nicer and shows you really like the person and are making a bit more of an effort.
    I don't meet people

BUT if I did, I wouldn't ring them, I'd just text them til they rang me. When I ring people I get nervous and shaky and stuff (I'm a paranoid nervous person) but when they ring you and you don't know about it you don't get a chance to get like that lol.
    meh, I wouldn't ring them..not yet :eek2:

i'd probably give them a txt within the next few days...depends who it was etc :)
    I agree with the above ^^^^

calling a person you just met is to nerve racking but texting to get to know them kinda breaks the ice and lets you get to know them better before the dreaded call.
    I usually text - as been mentioned it's much easier and less awkward.

It's funny when girls ask me for my number in a pub/club, I always make a random phone number up or scribble it so she can't see what's written :lol:

*edited to add*
    Because I have a girly ;)
    Originally posted by *lil~miss*
    I agree with the above ^^^^

calling a person you just met is to nerve racking but texting to get to know them kinda breaks the ice and lets you get to know them better before the dreaded call.

:yes: Although I'm the odd person who still gets nervous. Heh.
    Texting is so much easier, you can take time and work out what you want to say. I find talking face to face easier than over the phone, so I'd text to organise a meeting.