Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Cordless Keypad and mouse

What do you all think of them?

Thinking of buying it.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Cordless Keypad and mouse
    Originally posted by *MadinthenuT*
    Thinking of buying it.

No, me and my keyboard and attached mouse are just fine, thank you very much. :p
    Sorry, totally took that the wrong way. I am assuming you are thinkin of buying them?

Go ahead. But were fine as we are.
    Cordless keyboard. I've bought a couple of them, but neither were suitable for gaming. One was full size, but you had to push the keys right the way down, or sometimes the keystroke wouldn't register, and it would stop repeating after a while. But it could work from anywhere in the room, even without pointing at the reciever directly.
    The next one was much smaller, like a laptop keyboard. Great, I thought, I can sit there with it on my lap. However, it virtually needs a direct line of sight to the reciever, or it doesn't work. It only takes something like your knee to get in the way, and you can't use the damn thing. :mad: Pity, coz it had a built in mouse which was handy.
    Both of them worked by infra-red. Maybe that's why I had so many problems with the way they worked, especially the smaller laptop style one. I haven't tried those radio frequency keyboards, so can't comment on them.
    The big problem is that you need to be able to test out a keyboard before you buy it. As in connected up to a computer so you can try it out. I'll stick to a corded keyboard for now. I've got a 5 metre extension lead should I ever need to use it further away, such as when watching DVD's, or listening to music.

Mice. I've got a couple made my A4Tech. They're IR mice, and work well. I like the one I use most of the time as it has two scroll wheels (up/down & left/right), and the middle button has been moved to the side as a thumb button. The only critisism I have is it jerks for a few seconds after it's been idle for a while, and it could do with being a bit bigger. But it's great for games. I only wish it was an optical mouse too.
    Next time I want a cordless, rechargable, optical, dual scroll wheel, RF, mouse. But it's a case of finding the right one.

Mr_Wobble ;)
    im thinking of getting some too as i dont want loads of wires cluttering around the back of my computer. for gaming + fast response purposes do you think wires are better? :confused:
    I have a logitech cordless keyboard and cordless optical mouse set. They are bloody great! no problems at all, and i game daily brit... never had a problem with keys registering.
    I have a intellimouse optical wireless from microsoft. I like it alot..even though it only has a range of about 5 metres or so from the base station

I bought it as a replacement when my second Intellimouse optical died an early death because the cable frayed at the joint where it meets the mouse. hopefully this one will outlive all my other mouses.. Unless I throw it at a wall.

I woulden't bothered with a wireless keyboard though..