Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

what a stupid thing to say....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im just thinking over my day at work....its wa pretty damn pants but anyway....just as i was leaving this woman said to me "do you have the right time" Now ...i told her but see on thinking about it....its a weird thing to say....i mean...why would i have the wrong time..im not gonna put my watch back an hour just so i can have the wrong time am I?!!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: what a stupid thing to say....
    Originally posted by sandy1234
    Im just thinking over my day at work....its wa pretty damn pants but anyway....just as i was leaving this woman said to me "do you have the right time" Now ...i told her but see on thinking about it....its a weird thing to say....i mean...why would i have the wrong time..im not gonna put my watch back an hour just so i can have the wrong time am I?!!

lol thats true...

this kid at school came upto me today and goes can i ask you a question.... BIT FUCKING LATE HE ALLREADY DID....
    lmao thats true.
    Its probably things we all do aswell but i always think about it when the phone rings or the door goes maybe quite late at night and someone will go "ooo who is that" How the bloody nora am i ment to know...im about as informed as you sitting here!
    I asked my mum how the neighbour's doggy was coz he hadn't been around but my mum went on to say the womans mum was in hospital. Meaning to say "But I asked about her dog" I said "Well, I did ask about the dog"

She gave me a right nasty look.
    I hate it when someone asks you the time, you tell them and then they say "oooh is it?"....fools :yeees:
    Originally posted by rachie004
    ...and what do they want at this time of night :lol:

also the majoraty of the time if its late and someone phones up about 03.00am they say "did i wake you" course you fucking woke me its 03.00fucking am,

or people who spend half an hour looking for the tv remote bc there to lazy to stand up and change it manualy... they end up missing there prog DOH. dumbass's
    Or....perhaps the best one. U lose something you find it then some will say to you "funny.....its always in the last place you look" Well yeah your not going to look...find it...then keep looking are you. Il just waste a while looking even though iv found it eh!?

There is classic sketch of this on lee evans live video where he talks about people doing this.
    Or....

When a group of you are sitting around and the door bell goes and someone always asks "who's that?" before you even stand up. How the fuck do I know. My X-Ray specs are getting fixed.

Or the phone goes. "Who's that?" My telepathy powers have faded, sorry.

:rolleyes:
    Its funny when people say "I think im hearing things" well yes....and?! or when they say "I think im seeing things" :confused:
    It's like when you have lost something and someone goes.. well where did you have it last? If I knew that I wouldn't have soddin' lost it in the first place.
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    It's like when you have lost something and someone goes.. well where did you have it last? If I knew that I wouldn't have soddin' lost it in the first place.
    I dont agree with this one, as I always say where can you remember last having them? Not to go and find them there but to re-trace your steps deary :D
    just thought id add my 2 pence worth :p
    I was out riding my bike once & these people stopped me & asked if I knew where the train station was & I said "Yes thanks & carried on riding" :D

.:Crispy:.
    Re: what a stupid thing to say....
    just as i was leaving this woman said to me "do you have the right time" Now ...i told her but see on thinking about it....its a weird thing to say....i mean...why would i have the wrong time..im not gonna put my watch back an hour just so i can have the wrong time am I?!!

I know one of my watches never has the right time, I just get used to it being about 4 minutes out. So i'd have been a bit useless to her.
    Originally posted by Rude_boyz

this kid at school came upto me today and goes can i ask you a question.... BIT FUCKING LATE HE ALLREADY DID....

He means can he ask you a more complex annoying question. A simple yes or no question beforehand isn't really an inconveniance to you. And I bet this kid at school didn't really ask you that.

What about when people ask if the bus has been though.. I always feeling like looking around and saying "well I'm still fucking stood here so it doesn't look like it".. now that is a dumb ass question

You might be waiting for a different bus or you might have just missed the bus that went through. Or you might be waiting for someone that you should be catching the bus with.
    Its probably things we all do aswell but i always think about it when the phone rings or the door goes maybe quite late at night and someone will go "ooo who is that" How the bloody nora am i ment to know...im about as informed as you sitting here!
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    Or....

When a group of you are sitting around and the door bell goes and someone always asks "who's that?" before you even stand up. How the fuck do I know. My X-Ray specs are getting fixed.

Or the phone goes. "Who's that?" My telepathy powers have faded, sorry.

:rolleyes:

Its lazy language. Its basically the same as asking "I wonder who it is". Its just a simple question for prediction purposes.
    Originally posted by Faith
    I hate it when someone asks you the time, you tell them and then they say "oooh is it?"....fools :yeees:

:crazyeyes What?!
    Originally posted by Rude_boyz
    also the majoraty of the time if its late and someone phones up about 03.00am they say "did i wake you" course you fucking woke me its 03.00fucking am,

I've been awake at 3am before. How many people seriously call you then anyway?

or people who spend half an hour looking for the tv remote bc there to lazy to stand up and change it manualy... they end up missing there prog DOH. dumbass's

Don't know anyone that has done this TBH.
    Or....perhaps the best one. U lose something you find it then some will say to you "funny.....its always in the last place you look" Well yeah your not going to look...find it...then keep looking are you. Il just waste a while looking even though iv found it eh!?

Well thats an old one but its not really meant in that way. Its taken out of context. The actual saying comes from the fact that you have looked high and low throughout the house, you have basically checked everywhere, you think "Oh I will just check my bag before I give up...Oh there it is! Silly me!".
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    Its funny when people say "I think im hearing things" well yes....and?! or when they say "I think im seeing things" :confused:

That refers to seeing things that aren't there and hearing things that aren't there. Example - "Pete, did you just say I'm going to clean this up?" "No I didn't" "Oh I must be hearing things".
    Its a figure of speech.
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat

This just means where was the last place you had the item, coz if you can remember the last time you had it it would be a damn good place to start looking!

Sorry to shit on the parade everyone but you are all oh so picky. None of these things are stupid. And besides, the world would be a very quiet place if people only bothered saying worthwhile things or unique statements.
    Oh SirCum, you are so...erm...intelligent?
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    Oh SirCum, you are so...erm...intelligent?

Bored is the word. Why else would I waste 20 minutes of my life quoting 50 users about a load of bollocks.

:(
    I find it annoying when i say to someone, 'i like your top, where did you get it', and they say

'ooh i've had it ages'

well i didn't ask how long you had it :confused:
    They obviously misheard you dumbass.
    Sometimes on Yahoo and MSN it can get clogged up and although it shows your status as Away to you, it shows as Available to others.
    Re: Re: what a stupid thing to say....
    Originally posted by Sir Cum
    :crazyeyes What?!

I'll explain what I meant then....

Sir Cum - "What time is it Faith?"
    Faith - "It's 8:30 Sir Cum"
    Sir Cum - "Oooh is it really?"
    Faith - :yeees:

Why do people say that? Like you'd just tell them the wrong time. Well I think it's stupid anyway :p
    What about when people ask if the bus has been though.. I always feeling like looking around and saying "well I'm still fucking stood here so it doesn't look like it".. now that is a dumb ass question

No it isn't. I often do that :confused:
    OK then..

what about when you set your status to "away" on messenger.. and you get some dumbass that will send you 20 messages along the lines of
    1) Hello/Hiya
    2) How r u?
    3) I'm alright, thanks for asking
    4) u ther? (not are you there but "u ther")
    5) Hellooooooooo?
    6) Are you there?????
    and so on and so on..
    YES YES AND OH YES!!!!!!!!
    I often leave it on busy while...im erm.....busy?! or i dont want to chat! or im away from my comp!
    jees you think they would get the hint after 2 msgs!!!!!!!!!!!!! ive had people say"why ahve you fell out with me?" im soooo pleased its not just me!
    But why? If it had come already then they wouldn't be stood there.. and there would be another one along shortly-ish

Maybe they were waiting for one of the other busses. And if you miss one of the busses which only goes every 20 minutes, and you have an appointment, and you haven't got a new number yet, so your mobile isn't functioning, then it does matter.
    Nah, I am used to every 5-7 minutes when it's the same line. At specific stops there are busses all the time.
    The every 20 minutes are the ones out of town.
    And if I missed it, I can take another route, so yes it all makes perfect sense.
    I thought this was going to be about stupid things people had said, in which case I would have had loads. BUt it wasnt. On topic, however...

When someone asks "Have you got the time?" and then the person replies "yes, I have thanks." and then walks off.

always makes me laugh :D