Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

touch typing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
how many off you can? im trying to force myself to learn by not looking at the keys, im doing ok, but using the backspace key alot

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    im attemptibf ro do tgis post with out looking at the keys. vbollox had to glance then coxz i lost me place. hmmm guess i csan dfo it ok. hjabenrt used the nackspace keu uety. thibk i need to keep practicing
    I don't even think about it tbh. I can touchtype with around 90 something percent accuracy, and if I need to correct then I can do that without looking. Yah. I'm so good. :|
    I'm quite a fast typer, but I do look at the keys. And I definitely don't use all of my fingers, which I think proper touch typists do.
    Originally posted by openup
    I'm quite a fast typer, but I do look at the keys. And I definitely don't use all of my fingers, which I think proper touch typists do.

I use my fingers that are after the thumb. Only the two of them and Im a fast typist.
    I have touch typed for about 6-7 months.

Once you get onto it, its easy. :)
    I have been able to touch type for quite a while I think its just practise even looking the keys you get faster. This happens until you realise you are going to fast to be able to see the keys you are pressing and look up instead of down. Then when you get over initial shock you will keep on typing. Easy :p
    I've been touch typing for years now. It's second nature now, and bloody useful. I'm not the fastest, only managing about 50 WPM when going flat out, but it's fast enough to get an idea typed out while it's in my mind, without the distraction of searching all around the keyboard for the right key. I can even hit the number keys without looking too, and use the keypad on the right reasonably well.
    It's one of the most useful things you can learn to do nowadays.

Mr_Wobble ;)
    i can touch type have been able to for a while now; when i get going i can look out the window while im typing or something. some people used the 'bumps' on the F and J keys but i find that i like to keep my hands above the keyboard so i just memorise where my hands are. sometimes i can type a word offkey if im not paying attention like jr;;p instead of hello. *shrug*

i think i manage 60/70 WPM normally, with about 95% accuracy ish.
    I typed this while looking out the window. The weather is really bad I think it might rain soon ;-(

In short, yes.. I can.
    i can touch type to got it drummed into me in 2nd year of secondary school now its just like a bad habit
    I just got better and better at typing until I could just type what i'm thinking now while watching a film... Whatever mistakes I make I can easily change. Its useful for doing work, I wish I was better though.
    I can touchtype at over 60WPM with about 99% accuracy. I taught myself to do it by tippexing the keys on my keyboard so I was forced to. :D
    Originally posted by BritJames
    hehe but that doesn't mean you're touch typing, just remembering where there keys are ?

But that's a good idea :thumb:

Huh? surely touch typing *is* remembering where the keys are?

Unless you mean that you have to have the added element of not looking? Tippexing out the keys meant that there was no point in me looking, so I was forced to look at the screen to make sure I was typing the correct letter.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Yeah , I cna do it realllly weel.
    I can type pretty well, without making error's while typing without looking at the keys and not using the backspace, but sometimes I do make error's and have to use the backspace key, but not too often.

*Guess all those typing classes in high school really helped me along with my typing and shit*

The only time that I really look at the key board is if I need to use numbers because I'm not too good with trying to type in numbers without having to look at the keyboard.
    I can touch type, but my fingers aren't always in the correct position.