Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Favourite Decade

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Its a pity today's pool on favourite decades only goes as far back as the '50s, because it misses my favourite decade, the thirties. Despite the depression, the '30s was as far as i am concerned the highest point of human civilisation. This was the era of the great ocean liners, railway trains and flying boats. A time of elegant, stylish living epitomised by the Art deco style of Glasgow's lavish tearooms, a time when almost every man, woman and child in Britain went to church, a time when the simple pleasures of life were important.

Yes, there was poverty back then and life was hard for many, but at least there wasn't the yob culture of today.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I just like the present.

Because it's the one time period I care about, the only decades in which I'll be living.

Sure, other decades have had influence, but I'm not gonna like the '50s, because well... I'll never be able to live back then, now will I?

I dunno.

I know about the present, I don't know how living way back was like.
    Im only 15 and can only remember now and the 90s. The 90s definately. Then we hit 200 and my family started dying.
    Fave decade - any I manage to live to see! :D

Mr_Wobble ;)
    21st Century all the way so far...

2000 - 2010 is definatly my favourite, it started off a bit rough but is shaping up to be one hell of a decade, I'm enjoying every minute of it :D
    Re: Favourite Decade
    Originally posted by Captain Slog
    [B
    Yes, there was poverty back then and life was hard for many, [/B]

that sounds like a whole lota fun..