Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Would someone care to tell me...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How i can upset someone who i've never had a bad word to say about them.:(
This is really getting to me.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Some people are just overly sensitive. If you've upset somebody and you havn't done anything to upset them, then just try to ignore it. Maybe they are just having a bad day, or bad week, or maybe their just having an irratable mood. But don't blame it on yourself.
    But i really do like them :(, everything is fucked today :(.
    I am talking about someone from here,, they know who they are. I really hope that they find out that they got it mixed up.
    Hard to really give meaningful advice without knowing all the details. But, it's so easy to say the wrong thing. Just one wrong word can sometimes make all the difference. Or implying the wrong thing.
    For example, the other night I was talking with someone from work. She was talking about a problematic ex. She said at one point "I don't know if you know, but **** used to hit me?" I said yes, I thought so because of one or two things I'd heard. There was a brief look on her face, a momentary flicker, but I knew that she thought that meant that everybody at work must've been talking and gossiping about her. Doh! All it was, was a case of me picking up on one or two subtle things people had said - an unusual choice of words, or a phrase. I couldn't think of a way to dig myself out of that hole. :(

Mr_Wobble ;)
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    Hard to really give meaningful advice without knowing all the details. But, it's so easy to say the wrong thing. Just one wrong word can sometimes make all the difference. Or implying the wrong thing.

Thats the problem i don't know either yet, all i know is someone thinks i don't like them & Tbh it's really bothering me, i am nearly in tears as its so far from the truth its unbeleiveable. i don't give people i don't like the time of day, so why would i bother trying to help when i can?!

Oh fuck it, it just gets worse.:(
    I hadn't actually read your original post properly, and didn't realise it was someone online. In which case it's a hundred times easier to say the wrong thing and upset someone! :(
    I can remember chatting with an ex of mine, via ICQ, that I met online. We'd talk for hours, everything would be fine. Then I'd choose one wrong word, or phrase, and it would then take a couple of hours to repair the "damage" done by one stupid word or remark. Except the annoying thing was that it was in no way intended to insult her.
    It's the same with these, and many other, forums. It's how flame wars start, and people start ranting at each other. The same thing happens in chat rooms too. It only takes one person to make a joke that someone else doesn't get, and it all kicks off. :(

Mr_Wobble ;)
    Yeah, only i wasn't even online:confused: , i think from where i have read in her lj that someone else told her something i am meant to have said.
    I would never hurt anyone intentionally.:(
    Is that how i come accross on this thing? A nasty two faced cow?
    Originally posted by Tweety

Is that how i come accross on this thing? A nasty two faced cow?

No. Not at all. I find it quite obvious even that you are a well intentioned sweet person.
    Originally posted by my_name
    No. Not at all. I find it quite obvious even that you are a well intentioned sweet person.

Thanks, although i'm obvoiusly not.:(
    Nope, you don't come across as a "A nasty two faced cow"
    A bit "hormonal" at times, which is understandable as you're pregnant, but not nasty.
    And when I say "hormonal", I mean you seem to get upset, not angry.

Mr_Wobble ;)
    Ok, thank for giving me your time, i probably don't deserve it.
    Perhaps this person just got the wrong end of the stick? Or perhaps there was someone shit stirring?

Forget about it, make up with each other and get on with things!

;):p;)
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Perhaps this person just got the wrong end of the stick? Or perhaps there was someone shit stirring?

Forget about it, make up with each other and get on with things!

;):p;)

Yes you are right :);).