Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Anyone tried this tea?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-12802237,00.html

God sake, fuck that for a game of soldiers.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Fucking hell, i could just imagine him walking down all serious past his mother and then cutting his penis and tongue off after he probably thought it was some kind of enemy.
    "Tea from Angels' Trumpets is extremely dangerous as the drug cannot be dosed."

Is this true? I find it hard to believe that it's not able to be dosed, i'm sure someone out there can do it.
    does it contain datura ...is it the weed that grows all over the privets with huge bell flowers?
    not that i'll be wanting to try any thankyou.
    yeah, sounds mental :eek:
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Is this true? I find it hard to believe that it's not able to be dosed, i'm sure someone out there can do it.

Yes it's absolutely correct. You cannot dose it. Full stop.

I've tried it. It's datura in other words (active ingredients scolopamine and atropine, along with another hy..something I can't remember). I didn't make a tea out of it, just ate the seeds raw. Evil, evil drug. Not really a hallucogenic, just a deleriant.

Not for the faint-hearted. Well, not for anyone really.

I've posted the trip experience up here somewhere, in not much detail but you get the idea. That story really doesn't surprise me, it's the most unpredictable thing I know.:crazyeyes
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    This is an extract from the toxicology report on Erowid -
    TOXICOLOGY
    Datura stramonium is an annual plant. It grows 4 to 6 feet tall and has dark green, long stemmed, lobed leaves which exude a foul odor. Its flower whic blooms in late spring is usually white, sometimes lavender, solitary and tubular. A four lobed, thorny, green seed pod fruit ripens in early fall. Each lobe contains 50-100, 2-3 mm, kidney-shaped, black/brown seeds.(2,4)
    All parts of the plant are toxic. They are ingested, smoked and absorbed topically especially through mucous membranes. The exact concentration of specific alkaloids varies with species, cultivation, environment, temperature, moisture, and storage. The range of toxicity is highly variable and unpredictable; toxicity may vary from leaf to leaf, plant to plant and season to season. This contributes to the danger of misuse of the plant since the dose cannot be predicted.(5,7) The highest concentration occurs in the seeds: approximately 0.1 mg of atropine per seed or 3-6 mg/50-100 seeds.(4) An estimated lethal dose in an adult is >10 mg atropine or >2-4 mg scopolamine.(5)

The rest of the page is here, and this is an extract from the clinical effects -
    The mnemonic for clinical effects of typical atropine poisoning is: "blind as a bat, mad as a hatter, red as a beet, hot as a hare, dry as a bone, the bowel and bladder lose their tone, and the heart runs alone." Symptoms include mydriasis; cycloplegia; flushed, warm, dry skin; dry mouth; ileus; urinary retention; tachycardia; hyper or hypotension; delirium with hallucinations; jerky, myoclonic movements; choreoathetosis; hyperthermia; coma; respiratory arrest; rare seizures; and central stimulation followed by depression.(5,7) Hallucinations are reported in as many as 83% of cases; typically they are simple visual images in natural colors, but infrequently also tactile hallucinations of crawling insects.(

This is a link to the Erowid Datura Vault for those that want to find out more. To be noted is the fact that the effects often last for 24-48 hours and can last for up to 2 weeks. :eek:
    I always think those phrases, 'the latest drug crase to sweep the nation' are rubbish, especialy with something like Datura, I mean come on, is that really going to take a country by storm?!

Classic Sky reporting.
    Originally posted by LadyJade
    This is an extract from the toxicology report on Erowid -

The rest of the page is here, and this is an extract from the clinical effects -

This is a link to the Erowid Datura Vault for those that want to find out more. To be noted is the fact that the effects often last for 24-48 hours and can last for up to 2 weeks. :eek:

The days turned into a haze when I had it, but according to my mum I was tripping from the early hours of Thursday morning (we took them at 8pm Thursday night, I remember that bit) and I eventually 'came down' late Saturday/early Sunday. I can't remember any of this period apart from the inital night.

And yes, the whole time I saw translucent worms with silver linings shooting up the walls and covering the floors. Scary stuff. :p
    Thursday till Saturday, that must have been some hell of a trip, did you eat much of it?

I would never try it.
    It ranks up there with drugs like Dramamine, as drugs people abuse, but no-one enjoys, or even escapes without nasty side effects.
    If those are the results of drinking the tea then I value my tongue & cock more :D

.:Crispy:.
    It goes to show that natural isnt always good.