Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Dealing with death

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
how? why? it's just not fair!

A friend of mine was killed recently in a bike/car accident (She was the biker), it wasn't her fault and now because of someone else's mistake she has been taken from those who knew and loved her.

I'm just feelign all numb about it and i just want to tell someone because i can't deal with it...it's just wrong

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    aaaaw thats awful :(

All I can say is it will get easier even if now you dont think so. Unexpected death of someone has to be one of the worst things to happen, you dont expect your friend to just die, you expect them to be there forever.

You could go through lots of different kinds of emotions and thats good because it helps you come to terms with their death. You have to grieve and eventually you will get over it although you will probably never forget.

Sorry to hear whats happened, bet it came as a big shock.

*Hugs*
    :( Im really not very good at comforting people, but I just want you to know that I know who you are going through and I am thinking of you :)

A good way to deal with death is to look back on the good times, and try and remember the friend as the last time you laughed together, the last time you did something fun together, rather than the fact that your friend has now left you.
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    aaaaw thats awful :(

All I can say is it will get easier even if now you dont think so. Unexpected death of someone has to be one of the worst things to happen, you dont expect your friend to just die, you expect them to be there forever.

You could go through lots of different kinds of emotions and thats good because it helps you come to terms with their death. You have to grieve and eventually you will get over it although you will probably never forget.

Sorry to hear whats happened, bet it came as a big shock.

*Hugs*

I agree a lot with what BeckyBoo has said. I know it is a very hard thing to go through and I have lost many friends, in car crashes, but never being a bicyclist, but I know, it still hurts like hell and I have lost both my parents, at young ages, but I know it's not the same, but it will get easier, in time, even if you don't believe it right now, it will.

Will keep you in my thoughts and maybe even send a good/healing spell towards your way.

~Blessed Be~
    hun i know how you are feeling, a very good friend of mine died last thursday in a car accident, its awful isnt it, :crying: if u wana talk pm me.

((hugs)) xx
    Try to share your feelings with close friends and families and treat each day as it comes. Eventually you'll realise that it's been a few hours since you thought about it, then a whole day, and things will start to et easier - even if it doesn't feel like it now. Have a look at our feature:
    Dealing with bereavement
    which offers advice and some links to some good organisations should you need them.
    Keep your chin up, hun
    Hannah Spanner x