Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

extremely unhappy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i dont know wot to do anymore. i have a boyfriend who is 3 years oler then me (18) my mum is totally against our relationship and would do anything to break us up she wont let me see him in the week now only at the weekend for 6 hours a day we had a huge row (we are always rowing about everything) and she said she cant control me anymore and im so direspectful (she was crying) i felt really bad and then she said some very hurtful things which make me wanna die, im having problems in scool because of certain people (which is supposedly being sorted) and with my close mates who cant just be happy for me like my mum! im really in love wiv my b/f and hes in love with me and hes trying so hard to get my family to accept him but my mum just wont i feel so unhappy and dont know wot to do also my mum said shes gonna fone social services tommorow and get me put into a home because all the stress is gonna drive her over the edge but if she aint lucky it will put me over the edge first

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Try working WITH your mum. Its possible that shes not actively trying to break you up, she's just worried about the influence this older man may be having on her underage daughter and by threatening to call social services she thinks she will make you toe the line.

Presumably she doesn't want your schoolwork to suffer by letting you spend weeknights with your boyfriend.

Can't you show how responsible and mature you are by accepting the fact that she cares for you and by showing her that you can use your quality time with your boyfriend sensibly.

If he really loves you he will cherish the weekend time he has with you and won't try to influence you against your mum.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by byny

Can't you show how responsible and mature you are by accepting the fact that she cares for you and by showing her that you can use your quality time with your boyfriend sensibly.

If he really loves you he will cherish the weekend time he has with you and won't try to influence you against your mum.

Yeah I have to agree with that. You show her you can be responsible and maybe a few months down the track she will learn to accept you are an item.

If your not allowed to go out with him say during the week try and do a compromise with your Mum, ask if he can pop for his tea one night, least you get to see him. If she says you can go out with him at the weeked but she tells you to be in at a certain time make sure your in because if you dont you are just giving her more reason to dislike him (meaning he should make sure he gets you home in time).

If you are serious about this relationship and so is he then you have to get your mum on side and let your mum see the nice side of him. Once he has been accepted then things may be better. But it could take some time, its not going to happen overnight.