Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Temp agencies

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've only ever worked crappy minimum wage jobs in stores and with food, and soon I will be looking for a job *dies* But anyways, I was thinking about applying with a temp agency. Has anybody ever done this before? Are they any good, as in will I get a job quickly? I am also going to have limited transportation, as in I don't want to take the train and I dont want to commute an hour and a half in a car, so can you tell them a specific area where you want to work?

Thanks mucho

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I did temping for about 6 months. The pay is much better than in shops or bars, which is what I was doing before. I just told them the area I wanted to work, as I didn't want to be wasting money on petrol, and the kind of thing I'd do which was just general office work. It's easy money really and I don't know about over there, but here they tend to pay you weekly with temping so it's very handy. The best thing is that if you don't like it after a few days/weeks you don't have to do it anymore, you don't have to give notice like in most jobs! And I got offfered a job the same day that i singed up. Tis worth a try :D