Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Need non herbal stress relief

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
been stoned for about 3 years now and when I'm not I get so angry at everything. All i can think about is getting stoned and as soon as I have a bucket everything seems to come back into focus and I can get on with my normal routine. But recently (last few months) I get angry at myself for having to rely on weed to function as a normal person. Obviously I need to do sommat bout it but its too fucking hard. Help!

Anyone been through this? how did u cope

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Think positive, try and not think about getting stoned, it can take it's toll on you which it has.

Do other things with your time but if you live with people who smoke weed and that's a thing that happens then there's not much to be done.

Just don't buy any weed.
    it's well hard. i used to live with stoners and none of us ever stood a chance of quitting. and tbh i dont want to quit, i just dont want to be always thinking about it. problem is i getpeople phoning me up when they've got some decent weed giving me 8ths and things on lay till i can be arsed to pay em back. i need a hobby or a missus i reckon to keep me busy.
    It's all part of the mental addiction to it, i don't feel the need to smoke it but i just end up doing it anyhow, it's all in the mind.

Sounds like weed is your hobby, mine too :p
    It sounds like the weed is agrevating an underlying problem. I'd go to your doctor and explain the situation, if you are getting spells of serious anger that needs to be delt with.
    It does sound like getting stoned is no longer working as an escape from your problems. If you want to sort yourself out you need to break your mental 'addiction' to weed, and then talk to your GP about your anger.

Susie :)