Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

help me......ive lost my voice!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my throat started getting sore on wednesday, and now ive basically lost my voice. i know theres not a miracle cure to bring it back, but could i do anything to speed it up? cos im officially starting uni on monday, not enrolling, actually classes, and i really dont wanna miss it.

so far ive been taking lots of halls soothers and drinking lots of water, but what else can i do?

(also, can losing your voice be a stress-related thing? because i was stressed this week due to enrolling at uni, and i lost it about a month ago when i started my job, and it was very hectic and hard. just wondering)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: help me......ive lost my voice!!!
    Originally posted by paperdoll
    my throat started getting sore on wednesday, and now ive basically lost my voice. i know theres not a miracle cure to bring it back, but could i do anything to speed it up? cos im officially starting uni on monday, not enrolling, actually classes, and i really dont wanna miss it.

so far ive been taking lots of halls soothers and drinking lots of water, but what else can i do?

(also, can losing your voice be a stress-related thing? because i was stressed this week due to enrolling at uni, and i lost it about a month ago when i started my job, and it was very hectic and hard. just wondering)

honey and lemon is meant to be good for the throat! i think you can put it in hot water or tea! gargling with tcp or salt water is meant to help also :yuck:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Don't worry hun, I've just finished fresher's week and I've sounded like Marge Simpson all week! All this talking isn't good for me! ;)