Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Diarrhea

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just wondering how often people get this and what they do about it?

Do you let it run it's course or do you take something like immodium?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Re: Diarrhea
    Originally posted by BritJames
    let it run it's course .... Just keep a magazine or a book handy

:lol: :yes:

i've got IBS, so i'm no stranger to the toilet marathons. it's best to let it do it's thing. just make sure you drink lots, and maybe get some of those rehydration solutions from the chemists if it's really bad.
    Re: Diarrhea
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Just wondering how often people get this and what they do about it?

Do you let it run it's course or do you take something like immodium?

look up the immodium website it has lots of info! i suffer from ibs too and in that case you dont have to suffer because the body isnt trying to get rid of something!
    apparently prunes and tablets can help i know someone once took both lol
    Does anyone know what causes the runs with IBS?

Ages ago I watch this Channel 4 programme called Body Story - if you ever get the chance to see it watch it - it's amazing programme.

But in this one episode they talked about food poisoning.

And showed what happens if yuo eat a bad takeaway and get the runs and it was very educational. Because in that case you're body is trying to flush out the harmful bacteria in your system and taking something like Immodium would actually be very harmful as it's helping keep the bacteria inside of you.

I heard some IBS is due to people being sensitive to milk products? And bacteria in the milk .. boiling milk to kill the bacteria is supposed to help.