Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Fame Academy

littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
edited January 2023 in General Chat
how much do i love this programme!!! its sooo cool. alex to win :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah, FA is quite a cool prog. I watch it whenever its on terrestrial TV. It definitely beats pop idol. I agree that Alex should win.
  • Options
    Ok sorry to burst your bubble and I'm sure people will be against me but the programme stinks maybe thats because theres been so many similar programmes in the past and that fame academy seems to be taken over by the big brother vibe too! its all been done before its just in a new format with new people
  • Options
    Originally posted by jacaranda
    I'm sure people will be against me

Not me.

It's TV aimed at the lowest common denominator. Nothing more.

The BBC and people involved really couldn't care less about the contestants, provided that their own careers are enhanced by the programme. If the viewing figures are high, they are safe and let's face it many people are just voyeurs and this would appeal to that side of them.

I mean, do we really need another David Sneddon?
  • Options
    Originally posted by mattwillb
    definitely beats pop idol

No way! Pop Idol rules! :D

Fame Academy's alright, it's watchable but its a bit poo really! I don't think any of the contestants are particularly good, whereas there are some amazing singers on Pop Idol :yes:
  • Options
    I was wondering when a fame academy thread would pop up, i nearly posted it!

I didn't watch it at all last year, but now I'm hooked, as I am to Pop Idol too. Alex is my favourite, but I preferred her early performances to her more recent ones - her version of 'beautiful' was amazing, and 'yellow' was pretty good too. But to be honest, I'm not sure how much longevity her career would have - although i'm a fan, i can see her stuff is quite samey.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    No way! Pop Idol rules! :D

Fame Academy's alright, it's watchable but its a bit poo really! I don't think any of the contestants are particularly good, whereas there are some amazing singers on Pop Idol :yes:

I agree so much :yes:
  • Options
    i think fame academys good and i like pop idol to but i like them in different ways, fa has some really good singers on it and pop idol is good coz of ant and dec and some of the people you get on there are so bad makes me giggle loads :D

i wanted paris or alex to win paris is amazin and really damn fine *swoons* he's gone but i still think he'll get a recordin contract.

come on alex your a top chick :thumb:
  • Options
    Originally posted by sar's the lady
    come on alex your a top chick :thumb:

I don't get the whole craze with Alex at all. I think she has a horrible voice, she always sounds so bloody depressed. Cheer up girl you're on telly :rolleyes: Alistair is quite cute however! ;)

And on the Pop Idol subject, I voted for Roxanne, she's fab :thumb:
  • Options
    Fame Academy is shite.

Pop Idol is 100million times better!

I think it should be banned from tele.
  • Options
    I think fame academy is great, pop idol is good but its too many samey people.