Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How Justice Works

More judgments from the braindead and moronic

This guy indecently assaulted girls as young as eleven, yet gets away with merely a suspended jail sentence for no otehr reason than he is a survivor of the Normandy D-Day landings. He very probably did brave things in WWII, but how that gives him a divine right to go and sexually abuse young girls is completely beyond me.

Justice Roger Scott: You fought the war valiantly, so you are entitled to draw on your record.

Go and tell that to the girls who are probably emotionally scarred because of what he did. Im not one of the "string 'im up" brigade, but its because sentences never match the crimes that the justice system in this country is so messed up.

The judge in question should be sacked.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The other day I learned Judges can't be sacked, because they have to be completely impartial and immune to legal action.

But on topic, of course the guy shouldn't be let off just because he fought in the war, he should be punished just like anyone else for the same crime. The fact that he served in the army or whatever should have no affect on his sentence.
    Ok so its a Friday night, ive had my usual couple of bevvies so rather than get into deep debate now I think everyone knows what my view will be anyway but here goes:

SACK HIM...............oh we cant, the idiot is SACKLESS !!!

It stinks in a nutshell :mad:
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Ok so its a Friday night, ive had my usual couple of bevvies so rather than get into deep debate now I think everyone knows what my view will be anyway but here goes:

SACK HIM...............oh we cant, the idiot is SACKLESS !!!

It stinks in a nutshell :mad:
    hic ...

and certain people in the nhs are in a similar situation ...unsackable!

throughout life we all become heroes and cowards ...it's inevitable for you youngsters. theses are the things that happen in this life. no matter how hard you try ...
    the fact that you were a hero on thursday ...doesn't give you licience for friday.
    Originally posted by Ladon J
    The other day I learned Judges can't be sacked, because they have to be completely impartial and immune to legal action.

Quite right, a judge cannot be sacked, more to prevent politicking rather than anything else. And it should stay like that, otherwise any judge who decides that Blunketts idea of kneecapping all immigrants (or something) is wrong would be fired for the decision.

BUTBUTBUT...I dont think we actually ever have to let him decide a case:p