Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Cannabis

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've found with cannabis whenever i smoke it on my own which isn't too much i find myself getting paranoid about people catching me but whenever i'm with my friends smoking there's no paranoia, it's funny after a while whenever i sit down and think about how stupid i was to even think some of the ridicilous things i think.

is it time i quit cannabis and leave it only for weekend usage? i plan to stop after tommorow and leave it till only the weekends.

I've also noticed myself feeling alot more tired in the mornings whenever i've been smoking the previous day and find myself becoming very tired sitting in school sometimes.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If your having doubts and not enjoying it then, as with any drug/activity, then its time to take a break.

I know what you mean about being tierd the next day, I dont sleep well if I get really stonned of an evening.
    No i do enjoy it.

If i get real stoned i get a really good nights sleep but just wake up the next morning all monged out for a while i if go to bed part stoned.
    tbh i find i feel quite refreshed if i smoke the night before.

in saying that, im referring to smoking a few joints, not a pure session with my mates, in that case im still stoned when i wake up :D
    my head always feels cloudy the morning after smoking
    it can be a nice feeling sometimes.
    I've never been paranoid when smoking on my own or with other people...certainly not paranoid about being caught. Don't you think that its such an 'accepted' thing these days that it really doesn't matter?
    I imagine that half (Or more) of my street are enjoying the odd spliff.

An old workmate of mine smokes constantly, even rolling one up the night before to enjoy on the way to work and he's one of the nicest people I know and not at all cloudy.

Mind you - I do find it harder to get out of bed the next day if I smoke loads and I don't indulge as much as I used to!
    I know what you mean byny, alot of people ik now who used to fight and be aggressive people who now smoke spliffs would never even think of fighting with anyone, everyone gets on now,no fighting anywhere at all, it is the cannabis.

I don't really become cloudly, just monged in the morning whenever i wake up, but it's not uncomfortable or anything and dosen't stop me getting on with my daily activities.
    that's what i'm talking about lover, sometimes it happens.
    I'm proper paranoid about a lot of things, not gettign caught though. When I'm stoned I go over loads of shit in my head (only when i'm alone) and get paranoid about just about anything it is possible to be paranoid about. Pisses me off sometimes because when I'm not stoned nothing bothers me in the slightest.

As for the mongy morning, I've got used to it now and just put up with it because I've been monged just about every morning for the last 5-6 years. I did go through a stage though at the start of this time where the mongy morning used to piss me off, and hey presto I think Lickalotapuss has an answer (soz, its early). What I used to find worked (haven't tried it for a while) I could go out on a night and get stoned but don't have a joint an hour or 2 before bed and you wake up a lot fresher. I think what it is, is if you actually fall asleep stoned you will wake up in this mongy state.

Bongbudda, I'm surprised you said you can't sleep if your really stoned because I'm exactly the same and thought it was just me being a weirdo cos all my mates use joints to help them sleep. I used to be able to sleep whilst stoned but now I just lay in bed thinking about loads of shit, having little scenarios going on in my head. A lot of my mates haven't smoked it half as long as me, could this be the reason? Did you used to be able to sleep better on it?
    Certainly I used to be able to kind of knock my self out with it, which I cant do now, but that might be more to do with the qaulity of the stuff. The better the qaulity the less sedative effect it has. But then I dont sleep well any of the time.

Bnby; It might be 'accepted' by a large number of people but that doesnt mean you cant still get in some preaty serious trouble about it. And if your an adult that mark stays with you the rest of your life, yes you dont have to declare it under the rehabilitation of offenders act for most jobs but some you do.
    Most nights i can get to sleep with the stuff but sometimes i end up just sitting there thinking about things over and over again and listening to music.

It does seem though that cannabis has become accepted in our society, in the schools people are smoking it throught the day, alot of people do now smoke it, at least in my area they do.
    People aren't afraid to skin up in the streets, in school, anywhere, it's become very big.
    last weekend i took a concoction of drugs and i started freaking out with my friends. i thought there was some1 behind me and i kept saying get the fuck away from me, fuk i was paranoid, there wasn't n e 1 behind me of course and my friend reminded me of some1 else i knew and i kept calling him by the other persons name
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Turlough, this ones for you, taken from the Good Manners Guide to theSite -
    Text talk

There are reasons why text talk isn't the greatest way to communicate on these boards:
    1. There is no word limit, so you don't need to shorten words, although the odd u and 2 are allowed
    2. It may be faster for you to type, but it takes much longer to read, and the lack of punctuation also makes your posts hard to decipher. It puts people off responding.
    3. Text talk makes you look stupid and illiterate, sad but true. Board users will also assume that if you can't be bothered to write properly, why should they bother to try and help you.
    4. The search - if you write normally, the key words will be picked up when doing a search, helping you and others. One of the main reasons for our search not being as good as it could be is the use of text talk.
    im a fairly heavy sleeper anyway but when ive been smoking i sleep loads heavier and paranoia dont even talk to me about that :rolleyes: me and my brother are a right pair, its got to the point now where i cant even go into town on my own i always feel like people are watching me/talking about me i hate it soooo much.
    read something last year might have posted it on here ...
    the big drug companies who are doing research into cannabis ...there ultimate aim to take the pleasure out of it pressumably ...have come across something about cannabis that has them baffled. one moment it's a relaxent ...and then suddenly a stimulant ...then it becomes a relaxent again and lo and behold it suddenly becomes both!
    you can't have a stimulating relaxent or relaxing stimulant but here we do.
    so yes it gets me to sleep and no it quite often switches all the lights on in my head and i'm lying there travelling through myself.
    all kinds of stuff rushing through my head ...inventions that i forget about as soon as i've invented it ...people, problems, cartoons an so on ...no chance of sleeping then.
    cannabis, the true effects behind it will never be discovered.

The effects are all to do with what's in your mind before and during smoking i think.
    This is a while back a mate of mine told me this and he knew a lot about drugs, always reading stuff. He actually knew too much for his own good. But apparently if it is read into properly and in a lot of the really technical books, websites etc. cannabis is described as an Hallucigen, which sometimes I can totally see why, although I was a bit sceptical when he first told me.

So with what me and Mr.Roll have said, Cannabis can be described in the same bracket as most if not all drugs
    :confused:
    i can completly believe that, my fella is like that really loves to know about drugs said it and i was a bit baffled.. but then puffing on some northern lights made my mate see the devil hehe. Ive been on speed and then the next night after 24 hours ill have a few spliffs and i hallucinate so i guess cannabis has the potential to be an hallucigen, course it does :)
    If tobacco is an halucigen (which it is) then i think we can call cannabis a halucigen too!
    Well saying cannabis is this or that is somewhat difficult because its a cover all term for a whole mix of drugs.

THC is a halucigen, but CBD is a narcotic sedative. So it entirely depends on the ratios and the quality of the weed involved.
    after smoking for 35yrs i get asked if i have to smoke tons of it now to get any effect ...the answer is no. i don't get the giggles as often but they do still happen. the bit that doesn't happen as often is the visions behind closed eyes. so i leave it out for a few days ...sometimes up to three weeks and bang ...i'm right back at the begining again.
    all this week ...cos of a trapped nerve in my neck, i have been smoking very mild one skinners all day everyday and one nockyerouter last thing at night ...mixed with the dihydra codiene ...the visions are back full on and psycadelic!
    If you've had a sess the night before then a J in the morning will get you actually enjoying work but not good if you have to drive there.

I don't get paranoid any longer me & my mate when we were younger used to sleep out in a tent in my garden & get shit faced out there all night & we never felt the cold cause we were too focked to realise. But it's better now cause I've built my own little special smoking herb den up my garden :D

.:Crispy:.
    Morrocan; Given your experiances with junk in the past I'm surprised that you use codine, I know they arent in the same league but most ex-users wouldnt touch it at all.