Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Some help from the girlies please

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Are there any major differences between the following two pieces of kit. Apart from the price :rolleyes: and the box.

Do they both do the same function?

Mini-Ninja is looking for chrimbo pressies for his mum.

Number 1

Number 2

Comments

• Options
    Nah their both basically the same hun :)
  • Options
    So why is the expensive one twice the price of the other? I'm all confuffled.
  • Options
    Yeah. What she said. :)
  • Options
    So which one would you buy for yourself?
  • Options
    just different packaging. Id get the cheaper one.
  • Options
    Yeah i probably would get the cheaper one too, there dont look like theres nothing any better in the more expensive one.
  • Options
    I'm not a girl

the more expensive one does acrylic nails as well,
  • Options
    You pay for what you get.
    The "pricey" one is much better quality, and caters for acrylics being as it's a professional set.
    The cheap one is shite.

Revlon are a very good company, so I'd buy the most expensive one you can afford.

Ilora x
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ilora-Danon
    You pay for what you get.
    The "pricey" one is much better quality, and caters for acrylics being as it's a professional set.
    The cheap one is shite.

Revlon are a very good company, so I'd buy the most expensive one you can afford.

Ilora x
    aww, i bet they love you.
    Bollocks, they get two products that are basically the same and put one in a posh shiny box and one in a cheaper box. Does she wear acrylic nails a lot? even if she does, i bet the cheaper one works fine on acrylic, whether it is designed for that or not. Is she likely to use the set a lot? Is it neccesarry for her to have a `professional` set? or does she just want to do her nails every now and again before a night out? Id also take into consideration that its going to be a present from your little lad so she wont be expecting a top of the range expensive nail set. a £16 nail grooming set isnt `cheap` its just less expensive than the other one, it still sounds pretty good.
  • Options
    i must say the more expensive one looks better, smaller and has more attachments, but as rainbow says, if she isn't going to use all those features what's the point of getting them
  • Options
    I would want the more expensive one as it looks better quality. But since I don't use fake nails, I wouldn't buy it at all :p
  • Options
    read the info
    the first one seems better as it has more attachments etc. but i wouldnt buy it, or the other one tbh
  • Options
    Ooooh Christmas shopping already! ;)
    I'd go for the cheaper one, personally. Mainly cos it's purple, and it's more colourful and I'd be more likely to use it because I wouldn't be scared of mucking up the expensive stuff. The other one does look more expensive, but if it hasn't got much more stuff in, there's not much point paying all that extra for it.