Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

why care anymore?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
has n e 1 here once been intrigued by politics but now has realised that it is one big load of beurocratic crap, rite now there are pointless meetings in westminster while outside there are young children lying in the streets with no home or money, if they were to die no1 wuld care, politics has alienated me.
Democracy is so slow and meaningless that we aren't moving as a society, sure people are makin decisions that will keep society and economy running but doesn nobody here just want a leader with dictatious qualities to come in and say "this is whats wrong, this is whats needed to be done and this is how we're goin to do it" instead of all the crap thats goin on now, LABOUR OUT.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Is it now that we're supposed to say "Messiah has come"?

Seriously, with every party you vote in, you'll get beaurocracy. Some more than others.

You'll never ever ever reach some kind of utopia. The challenge is to get as near as possible though.
    Ah, so that's what he was trying to say!
    trying to say.....

society and politics is a load of shite.
    Originally posted by Shogun

society and politics is a load of shite.

Deal with it.
    You won't get around it in any kind of way.
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Deal with it.
    You won't get around it in any kind of way.

I know, i never made apost about it.

I just don't pass any remarks on it anymore.
    Re: why care anymore?
    Originally posted by turlough
    has n e 1 here once been intrigued by politics but now has realised that it is one big load of beurocratic crap, rite now there are pointless meetings in westminster while outside there are young children lying in the streets with no home or money, if they were to die no1 wuld care, politics has alienated me.
    Politicians can make decisions that will improve the number of jobs available or the quality of social care, but it is up to individuals to act for themselves, and if they end up in dire straits because they can't get a job or if they take drugs and commit crime, its their own fault. (I'm starting to sound like monocrat?!)
    Democracy is so slow and meaningless that we aren't moving as a society, sure people are makin decisions that will keep society and economy running but doesn nobody here just want a leader with dictatious qualities to come in and say "this is whats wrong, this is whats needed to be done and this is how we're goin to do it".
    You mean like Hitler?

Unfortunately there is no "one-size fits all" political system. Whoever you vote for, someone is going to lose out.
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Is it now that we're supposed to say "Messiah has come"?

Seriously, with every party you vote in, you'll get beaurocracy. Some more than others.

You'll never ever ever reach some kind of utopia. The challenge is to get as near as possible though.

And what some people consider as a 'utopia', others won't.
    There's always going to be people who disagree with certain issues, everyone has their own view on things..people can't agree.
    Re: why care anymore?
    Originally posted by turlough
    Democracy is so slow and meaningless that we aren't moving as a society, sure people are makin decisions that will keep society and economy running but doesn nobody here just want a leader with dictatious qualities to come in and say "this is whats wrong, this is whats needed to be done and this is how we're goin to do it" instead of all the crap thats goin on now, LABOUR OUT.
    bring back maggie hatchet ...is that what you realy want to return t ...
    Re: Re: why care anymore?
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    bring back maggie hatchet ...is that what you realy want to return t ...

i knew some1 wud mention here, i didn't say i wanted some1 to come in and make 3 million unemployed and take milk away from children, i want some1 who can make the situation better and i praise labour for doin it in the late 90's but look at them now, give the lib dems a go, to the person who said its the individuals fault for doin crime and not the governments, in some cases that is true but please shut up, do u genuinely think a 9 yr old child with a normal life said to himself "i'm goin to beg for money and steal clothes because i have a normal life and the government is helping me", these are children and ppl who mite as well not exist, there not even on the dole. have u ever been in a run down area, estates with most houses borded up, i don't think so, that's the governments fault more than n e 1 else,
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Turlough, speak English!!!
    the day enough of us stop caring is the day our civilization collapses.
    Urgh! And you expect us to understand that?

Well I appreciate that you're passionate about what you believe, but please type in standard English, no offense but I can't get fully at what you're saying.

As for people doing crime, indeed I believe that it's the individual's fault, although having a tight ass government that would rather spend money on shite like the millenium dome as opposed to fixing up deprived areas is pretty wank.

Wrexham has one of the largest council estates in Europe (the second largest next to one on germany) and yes, Caia Park is deprived. After all we've had race hate attacks and even a riot, I know people there who've had their place smashed in. I have a friend who had his head kicked in for being gay and there are always syringe packets in the toilets on the bus station...

But we can't always blame society for every little thing, the government can't wave a magick wand and make it all better. That'd take years and... oh my god... empathy from the big guys on top! Does poverty breed crime? No, poverty breeds blue collar crimes whilst the affluent commit frauds and piss around with taxes.

Maybe it's not the government at all, maybe it's simply our culture...