Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Do you like your job?

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by rachie004
    I hate the fact that I have to work until "finishing time" which is.... whenever the customers stop milling over their coffee like theyve been doing for the past 4 hours and leave..

i take it you work in a restaurant then? i have to do that too, work until 'finish' which, as you said, is basically waiting around for the last customers to leave and then setting up the restaurant. sometimes i dont get dont til half one in the morning, its a major pain in the ass. especially, when its only a few guys sitting at the bar area with their pints. its like, if u wanna drink go to a pub!! this a restaurant!! and id like to get home before midnight dammit!! some people, i tell thee.....
    the jobs mint, the hours aren't (sometimes). like now for instance, im still at work :crying:
    Originally posted by candy
    and the office is an inbred shag-fest :rolleyes:

Sounds alright to me. I can go all day without so much as seeing a woman. And I'm outside in all weathers and its muddy and I do very long hours.

So basically, no I don't like my job.
    mine.. like anyother has its ups and downs, i enjoy it most of the time but its so unsociably cause i work night... and i do long hours... like 80 hours a week average for a shitty £5.75 a hour but i like the people there and im the assistant manager so i do pretty much what i like... though if i dont do anything i have to stay longer and get moaned and shouted at when everything aint going to plan like the directors want (like today im pissed off with it) but its generally ok... it pays and i have no qualifications to do anything better anyway so it looks like im stuck here...
    I've been working as a barman in a nightclub in Leicester for the last 2 months and have quite enjoyed it really, doesn't pay much and I have missed not going out so much but the job itself has been OK
    I like my job one day then hate it the next, can never make up my mind :rolleyes: I seriously should thouhg, Butr sometimes its a laugh and sometimes the people i work with are utter ****s :eek:
    Its so tiring, and tbh the money is piss poor, but as i say i DO sometimes like it, Plus i have to admit i am a bit scared of leaving in case i didnt get employed elsewhere :banghead:
    i work as a barmaid, i really enjoy it because it's a very sociable job. i've made tonnes of friends there, there's always gossip going around.. (usually involving me!..oops..), and my friends are always in the bar (my uni hall is just down the road), so when i get a "cigarette break", i go and have a dance/chat with them.

i get let off early quite a lot too, although that kind of defeats the point of working in the first place because i desperately need the £££.

the only prob is our boss only employs girls he fancies, so he's a bit of a perve really. and i won't go into that because it's much suckage... but despite this, yess i love my job. :)
    I don't like my job, but out of a long series of crap jobs, it's one of the better ones.

I don't like customers who smoke at the bar and breathe into my face, especially cigars.

I hate finishing late and having no way to get home other than walk, which takes an hour, at 2 in the morning, alone. Not fun.

I hate my gross uniform, hate wearing tights and high heeled shoes so my feet burn and sting. And a bow tie, ugh. It's also freezing cold.

But. It's quite an easy job, and a big enough place that I can hide and no-one notices.

At £5 an hour, it's also better pay than most bar jobs round here.
    I love min - except I wish I didn't have to be here today and tomorrow and again next monday tuesday and wednesday.
    Ahh, in the last few months I've had a chunk of diff jobs and quit them all. :S

I worked in a shoe shop - sucked, peoples feet? EW!

Worked in an office - *yawn* but I got to sit on my ass a lot and learn boring computery things

Worked in Clarks shoe shop - even worse then the first cos peoples feet there are sooooo ugly! I wish I could go back to the day when I didn't know what a bunion was :(

Worked in a bar which was fun since they made me dance on the bar and stuff :D except it conflicted with when I want to go out! Plus they only hire people so that they get guys in. :confused: Apparently tis well known that guys go there for the fit bar staff :confused: Um...I just felt weird about that.

So now, I need another job since I'm a lazy bum. But at least I can now go clubbing when I want and don't have as huge an arse as I would have.

So I guess...no, I don't like my jobs.
    I do indeed.

Free cornish pasties/pukka pies/hot dogs, massive breaks, good pay, all the third division football I can handle and the option to work whatever games suit me.

Nae bad, like. :thumb:
    Mines alright, the pay's pretty good (8.75 per hr) for a temp job, my boss doesnt work me that hard, its a bit dull though.
    Yes. I sell perfume, I smell nice after my shifts, the people I work with are lovely. Good hours as well.