Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Mixing poppers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Mixing poppers and alcohol,what you think of it?

never tried, that's why i want to know.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Poppers are pretty pointless, unless you want a sore head...
    Mixing with alcohol will make you even more dizzy lol
    Poppers are getting stupidly popular with the local ladies round here. It's so funny to watch them go off to the toilets together, then 20 seconds later stumble out giggling nearly falling over.
    Comedy at it's best :lol:

My popper use is only in the bedroom now, normally after getting pissed, myself and the missus have a good session :p
    i only sniff poppers when im pissed anyway, usually at house party's when people are passing it around. i have never had a headache from poppers
    well on new years eve in 2002 i was under the influence of alcohol n cannabis from 12 oclock in the afternoon til 4 the next mornin! didnt fall asleep once til i went to bed! me n my pal both had poppers, laughing, head was rushing, breathing was harder but i wudnt say it was class or summit im in a rush to do again. if there was some around when i had been drinkin id prolly say yes:)
    whahaha poppers are the funniest things to do. It wont harm you long term to do it with alcohol but be careful cause if your already pissed and ya sniffin hard then you might fall and do yoursefl a mischief :lol:

Apart from that i think poppers are a crack for £3 pound a bottle, funny to see how many sniffs you can do before you fall over.
    I think Londonboys last statement sums it up well.
    I never bother with poppers, unless im on some pills and reached the peek and heading back down then every now and again taking a sniff-makes me feel a WHOLE lot less monged and moany!

Was doing it with friends at my mates house party on saturday-was a giggle! :)
    Mixing about 7 consecutive J's some white wine & then poppers on top of that followed by more wine is quite good.

Trying to ride a cycle & take a piss in a bush is hard without ending up in the bush :D

.:Crispy:.
    Meh, I just don't agree with poppers at all. And before someone says "I bet you've never done them", theres Liquid Gold sitting not 30cm away from me. And yeah, I've done it too. It gives you a nice high, a nice short high. Not really worth it by the fact that its so short. And then it gives you a blinding headache. A headache that follows me to sleep. And headache that still lurks around when I wake up the next morning.

However, that is just me.
    Originally posted by lil_minx
    I never bother with poppers, unless im on some pills and reached the peek and heading back down then every now and again taking a sniff-makes me feel a WHOLE lot less monged and moany!

Was doing it with friends at my mates house party on saturday-was a giggle! :)

I only ever take poppers when im on pills. It seems to add to the effect, maybe this is because poppers dialate your blood vessels which in turn allows the mdma in your blood stream to get around quicker. Possible theory.
    :lol::lol::lol:

Poppers are funny shit man, my brother keeps on nicking mine because he thinks they're like... big or somethin'. If I can't find anything else I'll just sit in a club sniffing them out of boredom. They're ok...
    Londonboy, I highly doubt your theory, the 'high' you get from poppers, if you can call it that is caused by more oxygen getting to your brain. However if you do too much then you get light headed which is a lack of blood to the brain, which can be very dangerous.
    i thouht the blood rushes straight to your brain, and thats why you get a funny heavy feeling in your head. Anyway i just this may speed up the mdma circulation to the brain. Might have to get a rat and start doing some studies.
    Poppers arent a big thing.

Used to play with them a lot. Remember nights of going to a club and covering a tissue, or my shirt sleeve in them and almost making myself pass out on them :crazyeyes

kinda realise how dumb that was now. dont go too mental with them, but theyre ok for a quick giggle i spose and fuck you up a hell of a lot less than most other drugs i can think of.
    I've never tried poppers, don't really the attraction in them but i'll try them out sometime.
    poppers suck. they are a quick buzz with a banging headache after. i dont think its worth it.

id rather do nitrous oxide! clean great fun
    Can you actualy get NO2 then? It is legal here, well to have but not use if I'm not mistaken but I've never come accross anyone who has actualy used it.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    id rather do nitrous oxide! clean great fun [/B]

Not exactly danger free clean fun though......

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/nitrous/nitrous_health.shtml
    Yep, suffocation, blackouts, memory loss, cronic vitamin B12 loss, and a few other things.

Relatively harmless though.