Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

pre uni net buddies

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
i saw this on some other site, but what people seem to be doing is saying their uni course and a little aobut themselves so you can find internet friends, pre uni, so you have someone to know or even just say hi to when you get to your uni,

so err my one, my names chris, im going to UCL to do chemistry with maths, in arthur tattersly houses next to uni and i like drinking and rock/metal especially system of a down, and my email is on my profile,and cant wait to go disturbd night

*has feeling it too late or noone will answer*
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    im sorry mate, im not going to UCL - well i atuauly have no idea wot uni that is.

but im just replying for the sake of it, lol, espiecally after u said "has feeling .... noone will answer". so i just am.

Anyway good luck @ uni mate :)
    hello people!
    I'm Kris, and I'm going to the University of Liverpool to study Geography. i'll be in Dale Hall for the first year.

I can't wait till next Tuesday... less than a week to go! :crazyeyes
    hey im suprised it became a sticky thread myself! :P

yeh UCL is in london (univesity college london, DOH!)

hmm saturday i move in :D sharing with someone but i dont even know who yet! hope it aint some serial killer or what not!? or like that 19 yr old who tried to get a 9yr old for sex off net, who im quite glad to say, has a broken nose and stitches in his face, after a 'skirmish' in the young offenders insitute's showers :p i like that sort of justice

hope there some friendly people in dorm, hmm a hot foreign female student wanting tuition might be cool, haha
    Originally posted by LonDoNErcHriS85

hope there some friendly people in dorm, hmm a hot foreign female student wanting tuition might be cool, haha

That's what happened to a friend of mine... he was put in a uni student flat at Edinburgh with two gorgous girls. He was a happy bunny.
    hmm my mate is a happy bunny, he got a place in brighton after clearing for the subject he wants to do, and the uni helped him find private accomodation, so now hes going to be living with a mature female student who'll do his cooking and washing for him :P and she she a 16yr old daughter, and a french student whose going to be living there!
    all for £60/week and bills included!!!
    HI. I'm Ellen and i shall be be at Liverpool reading Geology.

Doesnt reading sound soooo much posher than doing or studying!
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by bob-e
    hello people, my name is bob-e and im going to edinburgh this year, ill be in pollock halls (chancellor's).

Let me know if you are too!

im already at uni in edinburgh ... 3rd year now. chancellors court is lovely. its brand new ... only been there a year. enjoy it :)
    This is a good idea, although there may not be much chance of finding someone going to the same uni as you! I hope this post remains until next year, as i'm applying to UCAS soon (currently sweating over personal statement), and can then post, if any uni actually makes me an offer :p
    Originally posted by Luce
    currently sweating over personal statement
    That is a b!tch of a thing to put together - took me ages :mad:
    Eventually I just jumped through Clearing anyway - all good fun :D

Anyway:
    Skateside (or any abriviation, or insult - I'll answer to most things)
    Going to University of Hertfordshire (Edit: wait - I'm there now :blush: )
    Studying Software Systems for the Arts and Media :thumb: (SSAM)
    Staying in Watton Hall, De havilland
    I think in some ways this is a good idea but I can also see the bad side too
    What's the bad side?
    lol you'll get random people coming up to you and calling you by your site name and you'll be like "who the hell are you??? :eek2: "
    Hey

I know there's a few of us at Nottingham already...I'd be happy to hear from anyone I haven't spoken to already! :)

I'm doing psychology and staying in Broadgate.

Also, thought it might be a good idea if we could give advice on our unis/courses to the UVI applying this year...?
    I met ellen a couple of weeks ago in a pub crawl... quite cool really; first person i've ever met from the 'net in real life!

I'm quite drunk atm so forgive my ramblings...
    grrr....perosnal statement! I cant even spell it, let alone write it :(
    Re: pre uni net buddies
    Originally posted by LonDoNErcHriS85
    i saw this on some other site, but what people seem to be doing is saying their uni course and a little aobut themselves so you can find internet friends, pre uni, so you have someone to know or even just say hi to when you get to your uni,

so err my one, my names chris, im going to UCL to do chemistry with maths, in arthur tattersly houses next to uni and i like drinking and rock/metal especially system of a down, and my email is on my profile,and cant wait to go disturbd night

*has feeling it too late or noone will answer*

my mate has gone to UCL to do physics.... think youd get on with him actually :chin: similar music tastes, and he likes drinking ooh the coinsidences :p

i want to go UCL when i bugger off for uni but dont think it will happen... :( might be a case of going to Canterbury!