Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Part Time Jobs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What's the easiest part time jobs for a 16 year old to get? I'm needing more money, and I've got a lot of spare time, so I've applied to some places... at first shops in the town and stuff, but I realised you need a bit more experience for them, so I went to Burger King, and they rejected me (i must suck :p). So where are good places to go? It seems pretty competitive around here, probably partly coz there's loads of students who've got more experience than people like me...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah retails your best bet. Can't believe burger King rejected you...they're bottom of the retail chain. hehe! :-p Other than that perhaps go to a few job agencies around and see if they've got any suggestions for you?

For quick £20 a week easiest way is getting onto the catering staff at you're local footy team, they're always short of staff so shouldn't be a problem for ya. It's a good laugh working match days and the time flies. I miss doing it I relaly do. might have to start again once I'm back at uni.
    If you've got any friends who work in a newsagents or similar small shop you could try asking them if they'll need more staff anytime soon. That's how I started out and the boss was happy to hire anyone who showed vague signs of intelligence even if they had no experience.
    Originally posted by BritJames
    department stores like debenhams, smaller outlets such as topman / next?

music shops, fast food places, paper rounds, cafe waiter(ess) services.

convenience stores, sports shops?

all in all, retail assistants i believe.

I've been trying at shops and stuff, but most of them have just like not replied, or are wanting more experienced people (i.e students)

I'll keep trying though

My friend, same age and experience as me, got a job working part time at WH Smith, for £4-odd an hour, and is making loads... he's just a lucky **** though :p
    try local hotels; as a waitress or a room attendant; they'll employ you over a student cos by law they have to pay over 18's and 21's more - you should still get about 3.50 an hour and about 16 hours a week.
    Originally posted by KittyKat
    try local hotels; as a waitress

Maybe, but cross-dressing just isn't my thing :p

Seriously, thanks anyway, i'll see what's on offer
    try babysitting, locaol sports clubs, hotels, cafes, supermarkets

there must be SOME shops near you!

or your could always be a paper boy, it isnt bad money