Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Zimbabwe

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was wondering if someone can clarify why powerful Western countries have not tried to remove Robert Mugabe from power? Apparently now, only the govermenment will give out food to the country's people; won't that make it even more impossible for him to be removed from power, as everyone has to vote for his political party, or starve if they vote against him? (Sorry if I sounded ignorant/stated the obvious).
What can/should foreign governements do to help Zimbabwe? :confused:

Amnesty International article about food supply control

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well they should be doing much more than they are currently, that's for sure.

If the US followed their own precendence then they would invade - after all freedom is something worth bombing for?

But I would also ask what Zimbabwe's neighbours are doing, certainly many of them don't seem to want to get involved.

Of course, as usual, the UN is just sitting on it's hands watching it all happen.
    Every Western power should hang their heads in shame- as it should the UN.

Although I would not agree with yet more military action and death pressure should be applied, and more support given to the opposition groups.
    >>>I was wondering if someone can clarify why powerful Western countries have not tried to remove Robert Mugabe from power?

Mugabe's white victims are not the enemies of the Chosen(TM).