Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Let's play Guess the Country!

Read the extract below taken from a news report today:

[?] FACES NUKE DEADLINE

The United Nations' nuclear watchdog has approved a resolution that sets an October 31 deadline for [?] to prove it has no secret nuclear weapons programme.

If [?] does not comply with the International Atomic Energy Agency resolution [?] could be reported to the UN Security Council for possible sanctions.

[?] walked out of the meeting in protest and said it would have a "deep review" of its cooperation with the watchdog.

The xxxxx-backed resolution submitted by xxxxx, xxxxx and xxxxx, called on [?] to "provide accelerated cooperation" with agency efforts to clear up questions about [?] nuclear programme.

It also urged [?] to "ensure there are no further failures" in reporting obligations.

While setting an October deadline, the resolution threatened no consequences.

Now using your knowledge of recent history and past UN resolutions (and without looking anywhere on the net of course) guess which country the report is talking about. I will give the correct answer later.
:)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    wales?
    Originally posted by RonHaze
    wales?
    pmsl ...atomic sheep!
    has to be iran ...?
    Hey ma! They be a-dissin mah countrey, Get mah Shotgun!
    Well the newspapers spoilt it this morning so the truth must be revealed now.

All those who remember that a certain country is in violation of many UN resolutions going back decades regarding its nuclear programme, and that is believed to have upwards of a hundred nuclear warheads as well as illegal-as-hell chemical and biological weapons will be sure that the country they thought of is the one talked about in the report. How could it be otherwise?

Well the name of the country starts with I... Could it be? Really? After all these years???

Er, no. It is in fact Iran.

I bet you didn't see that coming. ;) :rolleyes:
    Originally posted by RoyalSubject
    Hey ma! They be a-dissin mah countrey, Get mah Shotgun!

:lol: