Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

6mth old baby forced to smoke cannabis

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/3100160.stm
It seems like everyones getting ridiculously lenient sentances for child abuse these days
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That's vile.

They should be locked up for a long time.
    I know we have had discussions about sentencing and all that, people talking about rehabilitation etc but to me we need to make them "think" before they actually do something as terrible like this.
    What with the sentencing of the rape of the baby, this sentence what is that saying to people ? If someone knows they are going to go down for a long time surely it has to work as a deterrent. When people read newspapers all we see splattered across the front page are crimes like this with pathetic sentences, I think we should be seeing crimes like this splattered with "LIFE for abusing a child".
    Let these scum know they will not get away with it and make them pay for what they have done. Im not saying bang them up and forget about them because when they eventually did get out we need to know they are still not high risk to do something similar again. But we must stop giving stupid sentences and make people pay for what they have done. Let them know that if they do this crime then they ARE going to be banged up for a very long time, without parole.
    and yet that report seems to blame the drug rather than his stupidity.
    he will get a serious beating or ten from most pot smokers currently residing with her maj.
    i know what your saying becky about deterrents but people who do something like this to a baby are seriously fucked up! i don't mean mentaly ...they cannot be alowed that excuse. they are fucked up socialy or something. what can we do as a society?
    a good idea, bit radical but maybe a good idea is to hand them over to convicted criminals and let them dish out the sentences for such crimes. worth a try maybe?
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    he will get a serious beating or ten from most pot smokers currently residing with her maj.

I hope he does for what he did to that baby.