Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Applauds !!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Thank you very much for closing a thread which was very interesting.
After been warned about some of the content there you had to continue the debate what you were told to stop.
What is the problem here ? Why can some people not do what is asked of them?
Do you feel like if you back down people will laugh, or people will think less of you ?
Yes I appreciate I can have a fiery temper and depending on the topic I may lose my rag however, if im told to calm it down by a Moderator I will listen, read the thread again and think 'yeah' Becks SHUT UP.
Maybe some more people should do what I do, try it and it may work for you as well.

Thank you :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    miss boo explain yourself to the simpletons who don't have a clue what you're talking about (ie. me).

Try taking a look at the suicide thread, its all there :)
    But when you do, beware of the
    I wanted moncrat to explain and back up a very offensive statement. He wouldn't. He is a troll IMO.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Blagsta, drop it. You really are getting boring.
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    I wanted moncrat to explain and back up a very offensive statement. He wouldn't. He is a troll IMO.

You're a grown man; deal with it.

Don't cry like a child because someone 'offends' you.:cool:
    boring

come on guys, this is getting sooo tedious.
    if you carry on this politics and debate forum will be renamed "forum for childish bickering"

my mum taught me if you don't have something nice to say, or you can't say it politely, then don't say it at all.

pleeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeee can we return to adult/mature/sensible debate

thank you
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    But when you do, beware of the

Everything I say here is an honest opinion.
    :banghead:
    Originally posted by LadyJade
    :banghead:

tell me about it

:mad:

edit to say, on second thoughts pls don't
    hey, I don't have a problem with people's opinions, but the guy was out of line and didn't even put his opinion across well... As somebody who's suffered from depression and nearly lost a few friends to it, I think it's nasty to say they're "losers".

I bet if I put a comment like "I hate gay people" I'd be banned from here.

It's all I gotta say.
    I have already reponded to this on several threads. If anyone else has a problem with it please feel free to PM me. But I think we have all heard enough and if anyone else from the peanut gallery wants to put their two pence worth in then please don't bother......
    Originally posted by MoonRat
    hey, I don't have a problem with people's opinions, but the guy was out of line and didn't even put his opinion across well... As somebody who's suffered from depression and nearly lost a few friends to it, I think it's nasty to say they're "losers".

Ok I didnt really want to have to put this here and Im hoping the mods let it stay.
    ONE person is coming out with stupid one liners, nasty comments, making joke out of depressed people, disabled people etc etc.
    Can you see what this person is doing? I mean really take a look and see what this person is doing and do you know what, you are giving this person what they want. Im talking from my own experience here and what this person is doing is just trying to wind you up, using words to get you angry etc. I now have learned the hard way because i came close to getting a banning because this person wound me up so much by the comments made with regard to disabled people. I was furious here at how someone could say things that they did.
    Anyway cutting a long story short I have learned the hard way. What im saying is this person is sat waiting for a response and what happens? we give this person the response that they want, so we are not helping things at all because they just fire the same stuff back.............we are giving this person what they want.

So dont give them what they want......ignore it and it might just go away.
    Aye, kids these days :p some of them probably even just come to these boards to start a fight. :rolleyes: lucky we don't get 'em on wiccauk (the other place I post)
    if your with a large group of people and a few in the group keep telling you your a troll it's easy to shrug off and ignore but ...when
    almost the entire group are telling you that same thing over and over and over, then surely that person should stop and think ...'why does everyone see me this way'? you can't pressume that the entire group are just misunderstanding you ...unless of course you realy are a troll!
    I now have learned the hard way because i came close to getting a banning because this person wound me up so much by the comments made with regard to disabled people. I was furious here at how someone could say things that they did.

How do you know I wasn't serious?
    Originally posted by monocrat
    How do you know I wasn't serious?

I dont care wether you were serious or not, im saying i've learned the hard way and im not going to lower myself as I have in the past with regards to any comment that you make regarding disabled people, depressed people or any other crazy ideas you have.

As far as im concerned your opinion means absolutely nothing to me and im not going to let you wind me up again.

Oh thank you for letting everyone know it was you I was talking about. I was trying to be polite by not mentioning names, but you have just done that job for me.

All good has come out of this thread you see we have actually turned the tables here. You setting out to wind people up has just backfired on you........see we arent so silly after all :)
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    I dont care wether you were serious or not, im saying i've learned the hard way and im not going to lower myself as I have in the past with regards to any comment that you make regarding disabled people, depressed people or any other crazy ideas you have.

But you did. :)
    As far as im concerned your opinion means absolutely nothing to me and im not going to let you wind me up again.

I wasn't trying to wind you up.
    Oh thank you for letting everyone know it was you I was talking about. I was trying to be polite by not mentioning names, but you have just done that job for me.

Everyone would have known whom you were speaking about.
    All good has come out of this thread you see we have actually turned the tables here. You setting out to wind people up has just backfired on you........see we arent so silly after all :) [/B]

Ok then. :rolleyes:
    Yes Ive admitted I have because im not afraid to admit when I have done something wrong. There is no shame in me admitting *I lost it*, but what I can do now is not let you do the same again because I know you are just a wind up merchant.

Well you did wind me up by the comments you made, you cant tell me you didnt realise how upset I was with the remarks that you made. Now I can see that you show no emotion or any slight compassion to anyone here, you just keep on throwing the same stuff at them, even when you know you have hurt them by something you have said.

So instead of you continuing the way you have been can you not also try and be a bit more diplomatic with people ?
    I harm others in retribution, that's all.
    You wouldn't say half of what you put in these forums to somebody down the pub though. Some of what you say is controversial but it also has no substance, thus it merely sounds like an insult or a comment intended to wind somebody up, whether that's what it's up for or not.
    All of what I state is honest opinion.
    So?
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    if your with a large group of people and a few in the group keep telling you your a troll it's easy to shrug off and ignore but ...when
    almost the entire group are telling you that same thing over and over and over, then surely that person should stop and think ...'why does everyone see me this way'? you can't pressume that the entire group are just misunderstanding you ...unless of course you realy are a troll!

I'm not seeking laughs here. I'm serious. :cool: