Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

$6 Billion Drugs Raid

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone seen the story about police find $6 Billion worth of government bonds ina flat in London during a drugs raid?

If they're real is this like Xmas has come early???

Can I get a refund for the money they spend building that tent in greenwich?

Can we build some hospitals with that money or something?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3082744.stm

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Officers are also thought to have picked up 55,000 ecstasy tablets, 15kg of amphetamines and £7m of cars, jewellery, property and cash in a painstaking investigation

:D:D:D
    hmm if the bonds etc are real, dont they get confiscated by the police (or government)

can someone clarify this?

EDITED: my point of asking is because could it be used for government funds?
    I'm more concerned about the drugs... :(

:p
    hmm shows the 'war on drugs' that begun 15 yrs ago isn't working we need a new aproach to remove the illegal drug problem and its negative effects on society

(not promoting legalisation of drugs, but decent sustained treatment and a decent edcuation to children of the drugs and their effects, good and bad)
    to remove the illegal drug's in society...sorry mate, that's never going to happen, NEVER.
    yes it is..... we could legalise them all:p
    They were saying they reckon about 200+ Billion of drug money gets laundered in London each year

A lot of the money is spent buying proprty in London with drug money .. no wonder house prices are so damn high!!!
    Re: $6 Billion Drugs Raid
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Anyone seen the story about police find $6 Billion worth of government bonds ina flat in London during a drugs raid?

If they're real is this like Xmas has come early???

Can I get a refund for the money they spend building that tent in greenwich?

Can we build some hospitals with that money or something?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3082744.stm

The war on drugs is a fallacy and costs more lives than it supposedly saves.

ALL drugs should be legalised.
    Re: Re: $6 Billion Drugs Raid
    Originally posted by monocrat
    The war on drugs is a fallacy and costs more lives than it supposedly saves.

ALL drugs should be legalised.
    i couldn't agree more.
    they would then be controlled. those in control would no longer be gangsters and terrorists. being ilegal gives massive amounts of cash to the wrong people.
    being ilegal is society washing its hands of the biggest social problem of modern times.
    when hand guns were legal there were very few about. they made them ilegal ...meaning no fucker has control any longer and our streets are filled with awsome weaponry.
    What all the news channels seem to have missed is that even if you sold all the drugs in the raid at street value you'd never get anywhere NEAR $6bn.

The bonds were obviously payment for a shipment thats gone, and saying they are worth $6bn is a bit pointless too, you'd have to get rid of them, meaning they're probally only worth max of half that to the criminals.

Thats $3bn worth of drugs gone somewhere, my guess is MDMA to the US.
    in drug dealers heaven (if there is such a place) there must be a street where the drugs they sell go for the plrp (police listed retail price)
    I really love the idea of a smuggler bringing in a tonne of coke then sitting in his flat and cutting it down with tonnes of glucose, rapping it into 3,000,000 grams and going onto street corners to sell it.