Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Wetherspoons

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just wondering if anyone here has worked in a Wetherspoons before?
I'm on my gap year and have been doing an office job for the last few months and the boredom is driving me insane even though the pay is quite good.
Wetherspoons had vacancies so I decided to apply there, yes I know shitty job shitty pay, but it's gotta be slightly more sociable than my current workplace.
I'm starting the week after next I think, but I hear they give you really strange hours to begin with, for training and stuff?
I dunno...was just wondering if anyone had any experience? x

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Never worked in one but eaten in many - very good atmosphere should be good for your social life and money isn't everything.

Although show an interesta nd keenest and you might be inline to get on a management trainign scheme to run one of these places ...
    the only jobs i've ever REALLY loved have been behind a bar, unfortunately, I lost 2 bar jobs within 3 months. I even had a nickname at my 2nd place... "Lightning". Had to decide if i really was cut out to be a barman!
    I was a barman for about 3 months the money is quite good and you never take any work home. But when they start offering you more and more hours you soon get sick of it. You hands and hair stink of stale larger and fags at the end of a shift.