Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The beggining of a realtionship advice needed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have just started going out with a girl ive liked for ages. We talked lots before i was going out with her but now if were in my room or on the phone its like it feels akward, esp on the phone - our convo's last like 10-15 mins.

Is this the end already or is it common. I hope it doesnt mean the beginning of the end because i really like her. Btw we do have alot in common like the same tastes in music and views on stuff like drugs and clubbing, but u cant talk about the same stuff all the time.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Dont worry bout it mate, yet! Were you good freinds before you went out? Me and my gf were the same cos we were best friends before. Then wen we started to go out we were like shit this aint my mate no more its my gf/bf. Talk to her about it. If she liked you alot too then she prob dont want to muck it up!

Just talk to her bout this problem. It will make your conversations longer aswell!
    Re: The beggining of a realtionship advice needed
    Originally posted by Goonie
    I have just started going out with a girl ive liked for ages. We talked lots before i was going out with her but now if were in my room or on the phone its like it feels akward, esp on the phone - our convo's last like 10-15 mins.

Is this the end already or is it common. I hope it doesnt mean the beginning of the end because i really like her. Btw we do have alot in common like the same tastes in music and views on stuff like drugs and clubbing, but u cant talk about the same stuff all the time.

No mate, it isn't the end, so dont worry!!
    have u tried goin out with a big group of m8s?? cinema, bowling, anywhere where you can have a laugh. soon ul be having such a gr8 time, that ul completely 4get all your nerves.
    also, try talkin to her, even if its just asking does she feels the same
    hope this helps.
    :):):):)
    Well Heres my advice

:: -- Before i went out with my first love, We were best mates told each other everything and were already very flirty, when we got together it was at a massive house party so you can imagine wat was going on anyway.. We just blended well because of what was going on as it was ^^
    Go out with a group of friends, If your in your room watch a movie or talk to ppl on tha internet, generally enjoy yourself
    Lifes short make the most of the time you have with people
    Go out with a group of friends, If your in your room watch a movie or talk to ppl on tha internet, generally enjoy yourself

talking to people on the internet- when your problem is communicating in real life, i.e. when vocal chords are involved- isn't really going to help now is it? it's just a further denial of the outside world, assisted by the computer screen barrier.
    ^^ You Didnt understand What i meant
    What i mean is Talking to other people may get you talking to her e.g Going out with friends via tha internet or wateva or some-thing u see might grab conversation
    fair enough. i thought you were advocating further online communication, which would be bad.:)