Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

what do you think?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
if you didnt know, im in a band called third time luckie
we are a group of friends who met in school about 4 / 5 years ago and love to play music,.

we went into some recording studios yesturday and recorded a 3 track demo cd, now these tracks havnt been mixed at all and the levels probably all sound wrong, but i want your opinion on them

( p . s i play the drums)

(use right click - save target as)

1st song: - Stay Away - we wrote ourselves, took about 2 days
http://thirdtimelucky.jake0.org.uk/mp3/01-Stay%20Away.mp3

2nd song: - Basket Case - Green Day cover :)
http://thirdtimelucky.jake0.org.uk/mp3/02-Basket%20Case.mp3

3rdsong: Nothing matters - we wrote this ourselves, took about 3 days
http://thirdtimelucky.jake0.org.uk/mp3/05-Nothing%20Matters.mp3

Please dont give these out to anyone, im not too bothered about these because they are only the first draft from the recording studio, but im not suppose to be giving these out at all, but your all soo sweet + sexy i wanted to get your opinion on them.

honest opinions please!

thanks!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :o
    heh im sure ther very very sexxeh
    having had listened to 'stay away' im fairly confident in saying it isnt right too bad:)

can i be a spolit rich filthy wife of yours when your famous?
    of course you can darling :)

i love you :)
    Listened and liked :thumb:
    i just listened to the 'stay away' one and i liked it (cept for the shouting, didnt sound right). but yeh was a good song, i like the singers voice:)
    i know, quite a few people have said the shouting doesnt sound right :s - anyway thanks for the feedback! :)
    Never ever do cover versions on three track demos. Seriously. Espcially Greenday covers. Your talent (if you have some, I don't know I haven't listened as the very fact you did a cover on a demo put me off!) should see you through. People want to hear your songs, they can buy Greenday albums if they want to listen to Greenday songs. Plus, you want to build up some credibility. Just some advice....
    Good luck with it :)
    Sound good mate ... but ...

They sound like live sets, you might want to do a bit more production to get a better sound. Your singer and drummer we're out of time in places too.

Good tho, I've never put myself down on trax so good one

oh and I agree about the covers, if you cant write your own then take an old poppy track and replay it with a grungy feel. Travis' hit me baby one more time (britney spears) was cool.
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Never ever do cover versions on three track demos. Seriously. Espcially Greenday covers. Your talent (if you have some, I don't know I haven't listened as the very fact you did a cover on a demo put me off!) should see you through. People want to hear your songs, they can buy Greenday albums if they want to listen to Greenday songs. Plus, you want to build up some credibility. Just some advice....
    Good luck with it :)

Yea, well we only planned on recording our 2 songs in the studio but we had extra time left so we decided to record a cover