Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

S l o o o o w boards

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
Why are these boards so bloody slow and temperamental? They don't get that much traffic.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Normally the forums go slow between 19:30 - 20:30 as a back up of the files and threads is created. I believe the mod's are working to resolve this issue.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    why don't they do the backup between say, 3am and 4:30am? or is that a silly idea?
    Re: S l o o o o w boards
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    Why are these boards so bloody slow and temperamental? They don't get that much traffic.

How do you know how much traffic they get? I'm willing to bet it's more than you'd imagine.
    This is the only thing I dont like about thesite and I avoid this place at them times.
    Re: Re: S l o o o o w boards
    Originally posted by lil_kazzy
    How do you know how much traffic they get? I'm willing to bet it's more than you'd imagine.

I don't know obviously. But I can make an educated guess. I don't visit all the forums (fora?) on here, but of the ones I do (drugs, clubbing and politics), they move very slowly compared to the other boards I post on.