Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ghb

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I heared that you can score ghb on the net, is this true?

Comments

• Options
    Probably. It's not illegal so you can pick it up quite legitimately from various outlets - especially sex shops.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Teagan
    It's not illegal so you can pick it up quite legitimately from various outlets - especially sex shops.

Are you sure, i'm pretty sure that it is illegal, under class C drugs...
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    'Fraid it is illegal in England now, check here for The Site's info on it...
  • Options
    IF YOU DO GET SOME, BE VERY VERY VERY CAREFUL!!!!! ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by LadyJade
    'Fraid it is illegal in England now, check here for The Site's info on it...

Ooops! Thanks for the info. Didnt like the stuff anyway ...
  • Options
    a guy i know did that and he's seen the photos of him on it n he's disgusted. he couldn't move. why anyone would want to make themselves practically paralysed is beyond me..

edited to say: ok so i just read bongbudda's post on how it should be done safely blah. its just that it is used for date-rape that really scares me and why i would never go near it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lipsy
    a guy i know did that and he's seen the photos of him on it n he's disgusted. he couldn't move. why anyone would want to make themselves practically paralysed is beyond me..

Things like that only happen to people who don't know how to use it.

In my opinion GHB is the best drug out there, when it's used right, in controlled measured doses, it can keep you going for hours after everyone else has worn themselves out.

Also it's a handy way of making comedowns easier 'or eliminating them altogether'.

But like I said, it has to be done right, because it does demand alot of respect.
  • Options
    Yes it is used in VERY rare date-rape cases (some 11 other drugs are comonly used according to the home office) but unless you are planning to date-rape yourself that shouldnt be a major put off.

GHB is chemicaly preaty much the safest drug you can use, it arguably has less side effects that cannabis.

As for buying it on the net, yes probally, you can buy anything there if you look hard enough, it is illegal though and importation is a serious offence.

As for using it on a comedown, be careful if using it with speed you may well get a nasty dopamine rebound that will make you feel even worse.
  • Options
    yes, gamma hydroxy buturate is availaible on the net, ur can't buy it as a whole product, just seperate chemicals mixed, my friend bought them and made a litre, i highly recommend NOT to buy it, two of my friends od and one nearly died on it, in england a woman pulled all her teeth out with pliers because of it, don't waste ur time on it
  • Options
    That story about the English woman is total and absolute rubbish, there is NO truth in it. Please dont believe every story you read.

As for making GHB, yes you probally could buy the two chemicals needed on the net from certain sources, but this process isnt as easy as it would apear.

First of all one of them is highly causic and will burn your skin if not used properly.

Secondly the quality of the ingredients is vital, do you REALLY know what purity they are. There is a big difference between the purities sold. Without VERY pure ingredients you are really risking your life, one of the ingredients in many cases contains heavy metals in the lower purities, like lead and mercury, both of which will poison you.

And thirdly, it is illegal and because of this purchases of these ingredients, or at least one of them is quite probally watched and you could end up with a raid on your house.

Plus, I'm sorry your freinds OD'd on GHB but thats not really the chemicals fault is it. GHB is dose sensitive and if you dont know what you are doing then yes you will OD, but thats your fault.
  • Options
    I did a bit of research in terms of the heavy metals, which wasnt great reading for anyone wanting to make their own GHB.

Mercury, can cause serious harm to you if taken in high doses in the short-term or low doses over a longer period. It can start effecting you from regular doses of 200 MICRO grams.

If you are buying liquid GHB be VERY VERY careful who the cook is, if you dont know them I would say dont buy it. Its much cheaper for a cook to use poor qaulity ingredients, and if he/she doesnt understand the risks they may well be putting your life at risk.
  • Options
    I don't know whether the story about the girl with her teeth is true or not (altho the pictures are quite scarey), but you'd have to be a bit fucked up in the first place to be able to do that kinda thing to yourself. And she was (apparently) addicted to it in a massive way, sharing a bottle a day with her boyfriend.

As for mercury it is very very poisonous and it makes you go insane, with only a small amount. That's why it isn't used in thermometers anymore because they break so easily and the mercury would leak and poison people.

I've never done ghb, I would like to try it, but dunno whether it'd be worth the risk of trying to find out a suitable dosage.
  • Options
    bongbudda, unless u think i'm one of those anti-drug ppl who heard that story and decided to tell u ppl to stop doin drugs, well ur wrong, i tried ghb and i liked it at the time, the story about the woman is true, she went and her boyfriend ran out and she thought she was a witch and pulled her teeth out with pliers. it is 100% true, i'm just warning ppl not to get hooked on it
  • Options
    you really do sound like a person who believes all these stories in the media, i don't know if it's true or not, I never seen the program, don't believe everything you seen on tv.
  • Options
    I really dont have the energy to tell you all that wrong with the story and how much it was just rubbish.
    Just trust me when I say it was, most people on here take my word for things. I know what I'm talking about on this.

As for the heavy metals, I've done some more research and it apears its only a very slight risk, however my point about the purity of ingredients still stands.
  • Options
    Like several people have already said, GHB is really dose sensitive, and can be fatal if taken incorrectly/ you don't know what you are doing (or even if you do...)

Mixing it with other cocktails of drugs can be especially dangerous

• Options
    This is especialy true when dealing with liquid GHB, remember that GHB is heavier than water so it will sink to the bottom of a bottle. Its best to shake it a lot before each dose.