Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sport science

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
anyone done it? im starting an HND this year. and im quite worried cos its totally new to me.
see i was originally supposed to do music and i took a year out after my A-levels to work for a year and then go travelling, which did and now im back....but anyway during the year i worked full time in a leisure centre as a lifeguard...anyway i had the oppurtunity do to a Fitness Instructors qualification and then the manager put me on the gym instead of the pool. then we did a spinning instructors course which i really enjoyed and i started taking classes (for anyone who doesnt know, spinning is group indoor cycling) which i REALLY enjoyed and i started to think i would like a career in the Fitness Industry. so anyway i had been to the uni open day where i was supposed to do music and decided i didnt like the uni or the town or the course so i decided to pull out of the deferred place i had and re-apply to ucas for health and leisure studies, sports science etc, however because it was too late i didnt get any offers so i applied to tech to do an HND in sport science. i got in because i had A-levels and a years work experience, but the essential criteria also said BTEC diploma sports science (OR alevels and relevant work experience), so im thinking a lot of other people on the course will have some kind of background in it. im hoping to get into personal training and stuff like that, and i know that some sports science students tend to be athletes or elite at some kind of sport or whatever, so im just a bit worried that i will be a bit out of place. just wondering if anyone who has done the course has any advice or anything?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments