Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

New Hair

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm getting my hair cut on Monday. The thing is, every time I go, I want something different, but end up getting the same thing, the only difference usually being whether I have it layered or feathered.

I've booked in to have high/low lights put in, although I'm not entirely sure yet whether or not I want them doing.

I'm really bad at deciding on things that will suit me, so I'm turning to you lovely people! There are plenty of pictures of me on the pictures thread (I'll link later, going out now so don't have time, sorry!), or just clicky on the faceparty link in my sig.

The most important thing is that I want my hair long enough to tie back easily (at the moment its about boob length). Does anyone have any suggestions for styles/colours, or even just some good websites that I can have a nosy around for inspiration?

Ta lovies :D

Comments

• Options
    i think the style you have now suits you. maybe you could have it a little shorter so it swishes around your shoulders more.

for the colour i think a few reddish highlights through it, especially through the front, would look really pretty.

i'm not one for blonde highlights in dark hair :yuck:

my inner freak is saying black with neon red streaks, but i don't think you'd be into that.... :p
  • Options
    You know what I think anyway, but yeah go with the coppery or red bits.. Otherwise it looks loveleh the way it is..
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    my inner freak is saying black with neon red streaks, but i don't think you'd be into that.... :p

Now there's an idea... :chin:

:p
  • Options
    not highlights. your hair looks too dark for that, and when you get roots it'll look terrible! i agree with the red lowlights idea. although it looks nice now :confused:
  • Options
    Yeah, I wasn't really keen on highlights. I thought lowlights would be better because when they grow out, it'll be less noticeable so I won't have to chose between having them redone and looking a state.

The reason I wanted something a bit different is because I start college on Wednesday, and I thought it was a good opportunity to try something a bit different..

Anyway, yes, thankyou, and I'm glad that a few of you suggested red lowlights because that's what I had in mind :)
  • Options
    i don't think red lowlights would look nice. maybe if you had a layer of red underneath one side and had it really funkily chopped or sumthin
  • Options
    How about, an all over deep plum colour. Then having an inch taken off the length and layered for more body. A side parting to finish, with an overgrown sexy fringe... Long fringes are all the rage this coming autumn/winter :D

Ilora x

Edited To Say: Ooooh! How about black or grey smoky, smouldering eyes to go with the rock chick hair? Just a thought ;)
  • Options
    I think red or blue streaks could look good. The length is pretty cool how it is, maybe just take a bit off.
  • Options
    actually i like what Ilora-Danon suggested because unless the streaks were really subtle i think they would look eugh.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lipsy
    actually i like what Ilora-Danon suggested because unless the streaks were really subtle i think they would look eugh.

Tbh an all over plum would look ridiculous.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist
    Tbh an all over plum would look ridiculous.
    Well, IN MY OPINION I think it would look good on her. I had mine an all over plum and got no end of compliments. It looked really lovely, the only bad thing was because it was so semi-perm, it came off on all my clothes :lol:

Ilora x :p
  • Options
    Hmm, calm down childyren :p

Thanks Ilora, but I wasn't after a full colour (maybe I should've made that clearer..). I've not had my hair coloured before, and don't really want to make a habit of colouring and re-colouring my hair, so I didn't want anything too dramatic at the moment..

Thanks anyway though :)
  • Options
    Bump...

Any more suggestions before tomorrow morning? Pleeeaseee? :D

Ta muchly :)
  • Options
    Id have a few chocolate brown, caramel plus a wee bit of red colour wise.

Style wise, keep the front long and the back slightly shorter. Sounds minging but i have mine done and looks fab and grows out perfectly. Have loads of layers to make it big......... and light.

Not shaved or anything at back but base of neck length (keep it dead straight) and keep front just below shoulders.

Hows that sound?
  • Options
    so... what did you decide on?
  • Options
    About an inch off the length, some (but not many) layers through, and rich reddy lowlights through the top. A bit more red than I would've liked, but I'm told it'll fade to a more coppery red after a few washes :)
  • Options
    oooh, got any piccies?