Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Guyver - DJing Live

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hey Guys,

Thought I'd inquire about something for those who have seen Guyver perform as a DJ in the UK and what they thought of him as a DJ, technique and performance.

As you've heard (or not) I'm now running Tidy Trax New Zealand (as per http://www.thesite.org/magazine/real_lives/justins_diary/justins_diary__part_8.html) and we're bringing over Guyver for our launch party. I've had good feedback from people such as Steve Hill (Mr Bishi) about his mixing but thought I'd throw it open to anyone who's seen him live over there and what they thought of him. He arrives out here in October and I'm going to be spending several days with him showing him the town and stuff which I'm really looking forward to.

Interest in him out here has been huge, but looking for some independent views outside of Tidy HQ (although I trust them entirely) and just wanted to see what the UK clubbers thought. I only know him by his productions which are quality and been told his style of play is like his tunes.. so I'm pretty excited.. and its his first visit to NZ :)

So, what do you all think? :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Re: Guyver - DJing Live
    Originally posted by Justin Sane
    So, what do you all think? :)
    I think ...... that you'll be voted number 1 DJ by DJ Mag in several years. :thumb:

I haven't really heard Guyver tbh. I've heard of him, but I haven't heard him.
  • Options
    I've never seen him but he is well known over here. His productions are very good and if he plays that kind of stuff it should go down well.
  • Options
    His productions rock and I've been a fan for ages, Tidy HQ mailed me over his latest offering "Lab4 - Candyman (Guyver Rmx)" earlier last week (released worldwide on 15th September) and I am mightly impressed, that boy knows his stuff...

Whilst his productions rock, no one over here has ever heard him mix (incl. myself) and was wondering if anyone over there had got around to it. Steve Hill tells me his DJ style is like his tunes which is why I'm so excited.

We've got a great lineup supporting him, including:

http://www.twisted.co.nz/gallery/albums/2003_frantic_june_matt/img_1990.jpg

Thats a mate called Leighton, he mixes hard trance and has been known to have this violinist playing beside him, its one hell of an appearance and great to listen to... I think we'll suprise young Guyver :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Justin Sane
    Thats a mate called Leighton, he mixes hard trance and has been known to have this violinist playing beside him, its one hell of an appearance and great to listen to... I think we'll suprise young Guyver :) [/B]

Thats different. Its always good to see someone try new things.
  • Options
    I've seen Guyver 3 times, at Tidy weekender 2, Tidy London & Ultravoilet. He is good if you like hard trance, altho I don't think he ventures enough outside of Tidy, IMO he plays too much Guyver/Maddox. I've met him a few times & he's a lovely guy and a brilliant producer. His music is not really what I'm into anymore but apparently he's changing his direction so who knows?