Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

the quiet ones

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i wasnt really sure where to post this so ''anything goes'' seemed right lol.
iv never been a loud mouth but recently iv become ever increasingly quiet I feel out with alot of my school friends but that doesnt matter as iv left and am going to uni on the other side of the country.i have three great friends all male one being my ex and annother my boyfriend.but even with these close friends i find myself shutting down and just not talking its going to cost me my relationship with my boyfriend soon if i cant sort this out im giong to loose these friends and im scared im not going to be able to make any at uni.i dont know what to do i just go quiet and i dont even feel uncomfortable i just ''find it too easy to be quiet'' how can i stop this and please dont say just talk coz yeh iv tried that lol
help!

Comments

• Options
    It's I've.

I didn't read your post because your constant use of "iv" pissed me off.
  • Options
    I'm exactly the same, people accept you for what you're like. I guess at Uni It'd be different but there's always a quiet one somewhere. I don't think I'll lose any friends from being quiet - much more likely I'll lose them from being loud and saying dumb stuff. I'm good at that :p

But how you are is fine in my opinion :)
  • Options
    im sorry Mist but spelling and grammer have never been my strong point.

TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    Thanks for the advice!its just its proving to be a bit of a problem especially with my boyfriend,things have been going a bit down hill recently but i never said anything hoping it would lighten up again this was going so well until the other nite when i was half cut in the middle of some ''action'' and i just burst into tears this really jiggered him and he was over last nite cheaking i was ok.and wanting to talk about it id already discussed it the previous night and didnt want to get into the mess again what hurts even more is one of my other best friends has been giving me advice sayin i should have dumped him along time ago im torn
  • Options
    Originally posted by sweet as suga
    im sorry Mist but spelling and grammer have never been my strong point.

TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    Thanks for the advice!its just its proving to be a bit of a problem especially with my boyfriend,things have been going a bit down hill recently but i never said anything hoping it would lighten up again this was going so well until the other nite when i was half cut in the middle of some ''action'' and i just burst into tears this really jiggered him and he was over last nite cheaking i was ok.and wanting to talk about it id already discussed it the previous night and didnt want to get into the mess again what hurts even more is one of my other best friends has been giving me advice sayin i should have dumped him along time ago im torn

I've been getting exactly the same advice about my girlfriend but for whatever reason was too shy to do it. Anyway, I've invited her round for tea on monday going to finally try to 'break the fucking ice' lol. :(Good luck hun. What do you mean you were half-cut in the middle of some action?? :confused:
  • Options
    I'm a quiet person too. I was always really shy at school and then slowly came out of my shell bit by bit since leaving. I'll never be the life and soul of the party but I prefer to think of myself as "quiet" now rather than "shy". I have this problem sometimes where I just can't think of anything to say. Sounds silly really.

I'm still not sure what the answer is as I haven't found it myself. But I can say with some confidence that going to uni will help a lot. You'll meet so many new people every day for the first few weeks, that you don't even have to try hard to be confident. You will make a lot of new friends there :yes: They might not be as close as the friends you've already got, or they might be the best friends you've ever had.

Also, do you think your quietness is a self-confidence problem? That's what my problem is. I feel that I don't want to say anything in case it sounds really silly, so I end up not saying anything at all. And this is especially true when it comes to talking about feelings, with boyfriends. I end up bottling everything up and then blurting everything out in one go when I feel more confident than usual, and then making more of it than there really was.

Anyway, I think going to uni will help you rather than make things worse :)
  • Options
    i agree with koolcat i have a similar problem. you will be fine at uni, promise!
  • Options
    I didn't read your post because your constant use of "iv" pissed me off.

Lol, you sound like me, moaning about apostrophes and plurals :lol:
  • Options
    'trills' Melisssssa! Melissssssa! O fair one where have you gone to leave the newbies whispering their quiet angst among the buzzing bees.