Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Knotty hair

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Any tips for detangling long hair that gets really knotty when I wash it?

I've tried various shampoos, conditioners, leave-in conditioners.....

Comments

• Options
    the detangling spray from l'oreal kids. i don't know how it's do on really long hair, but it works great on bleached-to-fuck hair.

smells gorgeous and it's only about £1.50.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    the detangling spray from l'oreal kids.

Yep, it smells of pear and it is good. I think Avon do one too. Apart from that, have you tried combing it with a wide tooth comb actually whilst the conditioner is on your hair?
  • Options
    I went into town today, and got some of that L'oreal stuff, so will have to try it tomorrow. Smells lovely though :)

I did try combing my hair in the shower before rinsing my hair a couple of times, but found that it got just as knotty again when I'd towel dried it.
  • Options
    Do you pile all your hair on top of your head when you're washing it? Major tangles that way.
    Also, when you're towel drying, just kinda 'blot' your hair rather than rubbing it like mad. Stick it up in one of those hideous makeshift turban things with the towel and try not to fall over with the weight of the thing.
  • Options
    As smash said, try not to tangle all your hair up on top of your head when washing it. Leave the conditioner on for a few minutes and comb it through. When you towel dry your hair, dont 'rub' it together too much as your hair is weaker when its wet. Again, like Smash said, try to blot and pat your hair as far as possible. :)
  • Options
    shave it off, shave it all off
  • Options
    ok, seriously, redken do this stuff called all soft leave in treatment (or something to that extent) you leave it in for 15 mins then rinse, its the best stuff
  • Options
    I bought some of that L'oreal Kids stuff - it's amazing! Wow! I could get a comb through my hair all in one go.

Thanks everyone :thumb: