Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Last nail in the coffin.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok this is kind of pathetic but i dont know what else to do.
Ok during the summer i ended up fancying one of my best girl mates (um...again) However due to various things that have happened in the last few weeks i dont really fancy her that much any more, only a little bit. I know nothing could ever happen too. All i want help with though is, how do i stop myself liking her once and for all? Any help would be appreciated:)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I honestly don't know. Once it's obvious I just sort of tell myself over and over that she's not interested in me, and that ther will be someone else out there who is, and there's no point in pushing it too much. Does it work? Not really, and it's a bit negative, but I just find that it helps a bit.

Mr_Wobble ;)
    yeah ive tried that, i managed it once, she had a bf at the time though. And i liked her again this month, just bleh at it all. And there will be others? Maybe, ive gone through most of my close mates though, same thing with all of them:(
    Does anyone else have any ideas? please? I dont know what to do! Its sorta tearing me apart on the inside.:crazyeyes
    hiya hun!
    well you can't really....you just have to give it time.....and all taht. its not like they have this special potion or naything *rolls eyes* and i cant say shes not a nice gal.......cos if its who i think...
    hm someone told me to think about all there bad qualities, but i feel mean doing that! Ive got some though, i think...:yeees:
    Aww, bless ya. It's not pathetic. :) I always try to tell you that these are ordinary things that most people feel and you never seem to listen. :p

It just takes time. Gradually you like them less and less and like someone else more and the cycle repeats itself. As long as you accept that it's never gonna happen you should get over it gradually. Tiiime, hun. :) The way I stopped liking a few guys I was with or whatever was to spend less time with them and take less notice of them. Hm. :confused:

I think you should probably try to stop liking such close mates though. If that's possible. :confused:
    Originally posted by DaisyChainThing
    Aww, bless ya. It's not pathetic. :) I always try to tell you that these are ordinary things that most people feel and you never seem to listen. :p

It just takes time. Gradually you like them less and less and like someone else more and the cycle repeats itself. As long as you accept that it's never gonna happen you should get over it gradually. Tiiime, hun. :) The way I stopped liking a few guys I was with or whatever was to spend less time with them and take less notice of them. Hm. :confused:

I think you should probably try to stop liking such close mates though. If that's possible. :confused:

I know itll take time and things really but i just want to get it over and done with!

Hm close mates, they seem to be the only people i end up liking though. I only seem to like girls after i get so close to them:( Then they see that there is something wrong with me, but i cant tell them what the problem is, even if they are someone i tell everything too (which is the case at the moment)

Edited too add:
    I know the cycle repeats itself over and over, liking this girl the first time i did anyway, well it was the final thing that got me off the possibly strongest feelings for any girl ive ever had.