Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sexuality

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm 110% certain that a close female friend of mine has gone bi, possibly lez. She's 15.... is this just going to be a phase? She doesnt talk to me nearly as much as she used to, so i cant really ask her about it.

Comments

• Options
    It may be a phase, but then again it may not be. you'd have to ask her :)
  • Options
    That's tricky. My twopence worth is basically that if she doesn't want to talk about it you shouldn't ask. But of course I don't know your friend!

I resented being asked if I were gay by people at various times in my life, it was something I felt was personal to me and needn't affect others. Also, I needed to come to terms with it myself before involving others.

Yes, it may just be a phase. When I was about 12 I started to realise I had feelings for girls, and that has lasted to this day (I'm 17), but even so there is very little to say that I won't end up married to a "nice man" with 1.8 children... you know?!

Give her some space - be there to talk, but don't force anything. Good luck!

Picc.
    xxx
  • Options
    Does it bother you? Is that why your asking?

Her sexuality should be her business, if she wants to discuss her choice of bedroom genitles she'll talk about it, its not something you should force.
  • Options
    Re: Sexuality
    Originally posted by secretsmiler
    I'm 110% certain that a close female friend of mine has gone bi, possibly lez. She's 15.... is this just going to be a phase? She doesnt talk to me nearly as much as she used to, so i cant really ask her about it.

One of my ex-mates says she's bi. Bollocks she is. It's attention. If this girl is going round telling everybody and touching other mates tits then I suspect that's what she wants. If not, then I dunno mate sorry :p
  • Options
    does it matter if she is or not?
    I think she'd be kinda offended if you asked her.....
  • Options
    well... if you're that sure then she probably is. does it matter? and why would it be a phase? i know plenty of bi/gay people; probably the majority of my friends in fact, the youngest being 12. out of them i would say one is maybe doing it for attention and the other may just have gone through a phase... because she wasn't even sure herself. the others i think probably are though!
  • Options
    Re: Sexuality
    Originally posted by secretsmiler

Sounds like you have a problem with it, do you?
    Dont worry if she has *gone bi* as you put it she aint gonna be chasing you :)
  • Options
    Yeah, the reason it DOES bother me a bit is just because of knowing how she was only a few months ago.... i'm left wondering whats happened, a) to our friendship, and b) to her, for such changes to have happened.

Oh yeah, and she lives 200 miles away from me.....