Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Just one of those songs...

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
What songs just get stuck in your head and just Get To You? I mean like Green Day's Time of Your Life always makes me sad, and REM's Nightswimming always makes me whistful; that ort of thing.

a) I'm bored.
b) This doesnt belong in Entertainment.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    GnRs' "Sweet Child of Mine" always makes me feel happy. Dont have a clue why but as soon as i hear the opening riff on the guitar i perk up :)

"Wonderwall" always makes me sad, again i cant really put my finger on why specifically, but i think its more the memories than the lyrics or anything. :(

And many of Haydns' symphonies calm me down, as does "The Hebrides Overture" by Mendelsohn (sp??). I had to know them really well for music AS, so now i know every twist and turn of the music i dont need to think about it and just let it wash over me.
    Maybe I should go put that tape on and then i might get some sleep!
    Oooh I have so many! Happy music includes the overture to Bernstein's Candide, and Holst's Suites for Military Band. Oh, and Star Wars (Main Theme) by John Williams.

There are a few songs as well, but just anything cheesy and kinda fun. I've been known to get "high" on the Carmen overture by Bizet, and leap around my sitting room "air-conducting"! Haha. Can I get pills for that? :rolleyes:

Sad songs are more limited (a good thing?). Your Song by Elton John, for reasons I would qu like to keep to myself! Schindler's List (Main Theme), again by J Williams.

I'll stop there, sometimes I could go on for ever!

Picc.
    xxx
    songs that upset me are definately

Millencolin - The Ballad
    Bad Religion - Stuck A Nerve & Walk Away
    Three Doors Down - Loser
    Red Hot Chili Peppers - My Friends

but the song that cheers me up is

Bad Religion - Slumber

whenever im upset i listen 2 that song. it really hits home.
    especially the line

'there's just no time to parade around sulking, i would rather laugh than cry'
    I'd have to say Sweet Harmony, the old school tune, fuck knows who did it though. Classic. I get that stuck in my head quite a bit.

Oh and Bullet in a Gun by Planet Perfecto always makes me laugh and remember Peachy moments.
    'High' by the Lighouse Family always makes me feel all....'reflective'! And 'Miss You' by Aaliyah gives me goosebumps every time :(
    Deftones - Digital Bath and Be Quiet and Drive

System of a Down - Streamline