Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

New bombing in Iraq

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3191137.stm

The situation just got worse. Saddams supporters are being blamed but he was also distrusted by the Americans.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Not even remotely surprising that our lying governments and their collusionist media lackies would continue to blame only Baathists. For them to admit the far more credible truth that it is any number of indigenous Iraqi groups simply demonstrating their disdain for this foreign conquest and occupation would require a strength of character sadly lacking in the political establishments on both sides of the Atlantic.
    Not usually a big fan of conspiracy theories but I can see the Americans aiding the perpetrators of this assassination (if not planting the bomb themselves) as a very real possibility.

Suddenly one of the bigger clouds in the horizon for the Americans- the prospect of an electoral victory in Iraq by Mohammed Baqr al-Hakim and his Shia Muslim party- has been eliminated.

Very convenient indeed.
    Having long been a fan of TV cop shows/books etc, I have found there seems to be a rule in murder investigations.

Who would benefit the most by the death of the victim? :rolleyes:
    Originally posted by BlackArab
    Having long been a fan of TV cop shows/books etc, I have found there seems to be a rule in murder investigations.

Who would benefit the most by the death of the victim? :rolleyes:

Pro Saddam forces and/or the Americans I would imagine.
    BA, thats the very principle which the US public failed to apply following 9/11 and a basis from which I have long argued that the most likely perpetrators were key persons or agencies within the Bush administration and its subordinate depts.

Likewise one should ask why no formal investigation into the bombing of the UN offices in Baghdad had been launched (by independent thrid parties that is). Considering that Sergio Vieira de Mello (the UN chief on the ground) who was a consistent and outspoken critic of the Bush administration and the invasion itself was killed in the blast.

As soon as I heard news of the bombing i saw the massive opportunity which US friendly forces in Iraq were more than likely primed for, namely to bolster a viable case for maintaining strong US military presence and dispatch a diplomatic opponent as well as further discredit the UN all in one fell swoop.

One need not be a "conspiracy theorist" to see the undeniable logic and liklihood of such behind closed door planning. Especially when scum sucking friends of Bush like Chalabi are grasping for absolute control over the Iraqi political establishment.
    I think that this is just the start of an inter-islamic war, between the Shiite’s supported by Iran, and the Sunni (Wahibi’s) supported by Saudi. This could explode into a complete full-scale Middle East war, now that would be interesting.