Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

One down, #10 to go

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Breaking news indicates that the scumbag Campbell has finally thrown in the towel and resigned. Does this provide further hope that Blair and the rest of his lying cohorts will be soon to follow?

Let us hope so!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nope and it's not news either. We knew this weeks ago...

At least those of us who read the downmarket, ill informed Sun did... ;)

However, like you, I'm not going to mourn his loss. If anything epitomises what is wrong with this Govt it is the news "management" stlye of Campbell...
    the link

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3191937.stm

It's true, this was in the papers weeks ago. I can't see it changing things very much while his boss is still in charge. Only an election can make that happen.
    About time too.

Still one particular person to eliminate though, like BlackArab said, things won't change that much till it happens.
    Well that Campbell was going to go soon was no state secret... every political analyst thought and said so. Only the S*n chooses to say so in 36 pt font size and then when it is officially announced go and claim "Your no. 1 S*n has done it again!"

In typical arrogance Campbell had said he would go when he saw it fit and not as a result of any enquiries or public discontent (as it has been repeatedly parodied in the 'St. Albion's Parish News' page of Private Eye).

I beg to differ. He simply saw the writing on the wall and tried to score one last political point and save face by claiming to be the owner of his own destiny.

Either way, good riddance. Let him go back to his erotica writings.