Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Amsterdam

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Be sure to visit some of Gaudi's work if you do go lickalot, did you visit any of it bongbudda?

The beach and the sun is just a brilliant added factor, cheap drink and food too, lots of wonderful things to do.
  • Options
    Most certainly, he's a genius. I went to both of the big houses, I cant remember their names now, then we went to the church and had a look round the outside but didnt go in.
    I didnt make it Guadi park though which I'm a bit miffed about though.

Oh if your down on the beach front there is a well swanky club down there, it has a glass floor and everything, when I was there they had glamerous trannys dancing on the bar and gansters sipping champers with body gaurds upstairs, all very cool.
  • Options
    That is what was wrong with Amsterdam, there was no beach to just chill out on.

Barcelona's looking like my next little break I think. Looked at flights from KLM and the flights that came up stopped in Amsterdam both ways so I could get the train and spend a few hours in the centre of Dam on the way.
  • Options
    I looked around the church too but didn't bother to go in but i was in the Guadi park, wonderful place and what a view you get whenever you reach the top :eek:

Be sure to give a little bit of money to the entertainers on the street, they can be quite funny some of the things they do.

Beware at night though, once me and a mate got offered sex for 10 euro from a real rotten prostitute and they pester you, following you along the street asking and asking, but can you blame them, everyone has to make a living.
  • Options
    Ten Euros, fuck thats preaty cheap, I would say that legalising (properly) prosititution would help more than the decriminalisation of puff, both should be done though.
  • Options
    Yea it's pretty cheap but the proper prostitutes were 40 euro at the least for a shag.

To make both them legal would be great but it seems to me over there they already were legal, the police never said anything to anyone.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Yea it's pretty cheap but the proper prostitutes were 40 euro at the least for a shag.

To make both them legal would be great but it seems to me over there they already were legal, the police never said anything to anyone.
    So is it a place where prostitution and skunk are illegal but a blind eye gets turned?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lickalotapuss
    So is it a place where prostitution and skunk are illegal but a blind eye gets turned?

:yes:
  • Options
    Well a blind eye is turned to postitutes in most citys, (have you been to Soho?)
    As for the drug situation, well the Spanish have always had a liberal attitude to personal use, in fact I think that all drugs used to be decriminalised there but due to pressure the law was changed.

The police are very unlikely to hassle you for smoking but as with any situation dont take the piss. Your not allowed to smoke on the streets of the Dam either so its not that different.
  • Options
    Never being to Soho.
    I've never witnessed anything near like what the Red Light in Dam was like with the prostitutes.

Obviously you would have to be a bit sly about smoking in Barcelona if it is still illegal, you any idea of how easy it is to get over there?
  • Options
    there is NO WAY london is the best place in the world.
    Sorry bongbudda, sounds like im taking issues with all your points mate!

Ive just got back from ibiza, my 5th time and it is out of this world.
    There is simply no where on earth thats better than Pacha. Dont care what anyone says about this, if you havent experienced the atmosphere, tunes, the people and everything about Pacha then you havent lived. Its worth the flight just to go.
    El divino is also awesome as is Amnesia and Privelege.

Those 4 are a long long way ahead of all the competition in the world. and then you have Space. Nothing even needs to be said, having a mad one at 11 on a sunday morning in the sun is the only way to go

London pales into insignificance.
    I cant imagine what its like watching the sun come up with 8000 other people in london like you can in privelege
  • Options
    No, never been to Soho, what's it like?
  • Options
    Its preaty much like the red light district of the Dam but a little less obvious, but not much.

As for Ibiza, well I've heard good and bad things about it, but I'd mainly say that London is the best place for clubbing because of my taste in music, I'm a hardcore fan and I cant really be bothered with trancy bollox. So maybe I'm a bit biased.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lickalotapuss
    Never being to Soho.
    I've never witnessed anything near like what the Red Light in Dam was like with the prostitutes.

Obviously you would have to be a bit sly about smoking in Barcelona if it is still illegal, you any idea of how easy it is to get over there?

It is very easy to get it in Barcelona, Las Ramblas...there are men all over the place selling it, we thought it was going to be hard getting it but within an hour of getting there we had picked up some hashish.
  • Options
    Las Ramblas is nice but I dont like the little animals in cages, bit sad really. Nice area though.
  • Options
    Yea, there was alot of animals there, nice place yes.
  • Options
    WARNING : anyone travelling to Amsterdam after 1 Jan 2004 may be in for a bit of a shock!

Recently in Holland, politics over individuals rights in the workplace has lead to a new law being brought in that states that all workplaces must remain smoke free!! This means that you'll be able to go into a coffeeshop and still buy your dope, but you won't be able to smoke there. Fines will be given out to anyone going against it...However, all is not lost as apparently loops holes to the new law could be workers signing declarations so that they are fully liable for any damage done to health and not the company/coffeeshop/bar etc.

I'm booking my ticket a.s.a.p..........going to go in Nov for the 2003 Canabis Cup...anyone else likely to be going?
  • Options
    I've never heard of the cannabis cup. What happens? Is it a competition to see who can smoke the most joints :)
  • Options
    The 'Dam Cannabis Cup is a farce, yes, preaty much its a smoking contest, the tickets to judge are sold off to lots of Yanks and then the seed companies bribe them as much as possible to make sure that they win it so they can sell more seeds.
    There is no effort made to make it anywhere near fair or any type of blind testing. I've heard good things about the Zuric Cannabis Cup, the result is supposed to much better represent the qaulity of the weed.

Although I'm sure that the Dam one if good to take part in, I'm just saying the result isnt always an equal competition.
  • Options
    Sounds alright. I was taking the piss when I asked if it was a smoking contest, but seems it is :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by White Rabbit
    WARNING : anyone travelling to Amsterdam after 1 Jan 2004 may be in for a bit of a shock!

Recently in Holland, politics over individuals rights in the workplace has lead to a new law being brought in that states that all workplaces must remain smoke free!! This means that you'll be able to go into a coffeeshop and still buy your dope, but you won't be able to smoke there. Fines will be given out to anyone going against it...However, all is not lost as apparently loops holes to the new law could be workers signing declarations so that they are fully liable for any damage done to health and not the company/coffeeshop/bar etc.

I'm booking my ticket a.s.a.p..........going to go in Nov for the 2003 Canabis Cup...anyone else likely to be going?

hi, the law doesnt come in until 2005 theres was an extra year added to it.

just got back from amsterdam myself on tuesday.. 5 days of tripping my face off heh.. managed to get dried copelandia cyanescens too! (hawaiians)

can recommend going to the van gogh mueseum whilst tripping, *very* interesting! :)
  • Options
    I had a very interesting time on those mushies when I was there too, quite introspective but fun none the less, I'd say one of the better learning trips I've ever had.