Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hostels

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I'm planning a trip to Holland within the next six months or so and I want to know what the hostels are like.

How much are they per night? Are the close to city centres?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Get yourself a YHA card from any Hostel in England, and then you can stay in any IYHA hostel in the world.

Have a look here to book online:

www.hostelbooking.com

Have fun :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeh make sure it's a hostel that's part of some kind of recommendation if possible.

Last time I stayed in a hostel was a couple of months ago in the south of Ireland. It was this little privately owned place that wasn't part of a group or anything but it was only 10euro. Anyway, my mates and I had few reservations until we went to go to bed and found fucking fleas on the bedsheets! :eek:

We just thought "fuck this", packed our stuff and got the hell outta there! Unfortunately it was 2am by this stage and we had to sleep in the shower block on the campsite where we had previously stayed.

Not the best hostel experience, but apart from that I really enjoy the whole meeting different people thing.